Chapter 3

AXEL'S P.O.V

I rub my forehead with my fingers trying to comprehend what just went on with Mia. We've never talked this much before or be playful with each other. Maybe it wouldn't be that bad to have her as a friend after all. I just don't trust people easily and I'm very closed off.

A hard slap on my shoulder shakes me up from my thoughts.

"What are you doing just standing in the middle of the hall? Come on let's go grab some food, I'm starving!" Aiden says and I follow after him, pushing the thoughts of Mia at the back of my mind.

"Do you want to take one car?" he asks me as we reach our cars.

"No, you go ahead and I'll just follow you, " I say as I open the door to my car.

"We're going to our regular place anyway right?" I ask him before he got in his car.

"Yeah, Matt and Luca are already waiting for us there as well, " he says and I nod my head.

"Great I'll just meet you there then, " I get into my car after he gave me a thumbs up.

It only takes like 15 minutes to go to our regular hang out place. It's a modern cafe bar that does one of the best greasy burgers out there.

Once we arrive there it didn't take us long to spot our friends. It's not very difficult since they were making out with one another. I share a knowing look with Aiden and go to their table, taking a seat across them. Aiden clears his throat to get the attention of our friends.

"Well hello there mates, " Matt says in his enthusiastic voice.

He's always happy, smiling from ear to ear. His goofy personality really shines through at all times. Sometimes it's annoying though.

"Took you long enough, we were waiting for an hour for you guys, we're starving, " Luca says while wrapping his arm around Matts's shoulder.

"Really, I couldn't tell since you were eating each other's faces when we arrived, " I say with a smirk.

"Oh shut it," Luca says while Matt is giving me the middle finger making me laugh at their reaction.

"Hey! It's not our fault you didn't go to your lecture today, " Aiden says.

"We had with Veronica what did you expect? There's no way we're staying at her lecture, " Matt says with a disgusted look on his face.

"Oh, yeah can't blame you about that, " Aiden says with a pained look on his face, he knows how a 3-hour lecture with her goes.

Her lectures are like funerals, trust me.

After placing our order and wait for our food and drinks to arrive the conversation took a turn I wasn't expecting.

"Oh, by the way, Axel, what were you doing this morning talking with Mia?" Aiden asks me, curiosity in his eyes.

"How do you know I talked to her today?" I was confused, when did he saw us?

"I saw you two this morning talking by your car. I was going to come over but I decided to let you guys talk and when up to our lecture room."

I'm kinda glad that he saw the first interaction I had with her today rather than the second, cause I really wouldn't know how to explain it.

"It's just nothing really, we only exchange a few words here and there when we bump into each other at uni, why?" I shrug and ask him.

"Nothing I was just curious. I never saw you talking with a girl before, like a real conversation, " Aiden says.