Chapter 12

AXEL'S P.O.V

Looking at Mia as she sleeps next to me makes me feel like a creep.

I can't stop thinking though about her relationship with Carter, is anything but perfect, I wasn't expecting that. I thought she'll be one of those girls bragging about their boyfriend all the time, but I was terribly wrong. There is so much going on behind closed doors that only Mia knows, I don't even think Carter realises.

I feel kinda helpless though, I don't know how relationships are supposed to be so I can't really help her or give her advice on matters like that. Does that make me a shitty friend? I hope not!

On a lighter note, I'm actually looking forward to these "lessons" we'll have, I feel like they are going to be interesting and also an excuse to hang out more. I can learn a lot from Mia, I truly believe that.

I sigh and run my fingers through her hair before retreating my hand back to my side. Jeesh! I have to stop being creepy.

I check my phone to see that I have 3 missed calls from Rebecca, I scoff and lock my phone again. I take off my clothes except for my boxers of course and pull on pyjamas bottoms before sliding under the covers. I turn my back towards Mia and close my eyes, hoping that sleep will come quickly to me and hopefully I won't have a nightmare tonight.

When I open my eyes again I can see shadows being created on the wall because of the rays of sunshine that shine through the semi-open blinds. I groan and check the time on my phone seeing that it's 10:35 am, damn! This is one of the most peaceful sleep I had. I'm surprised, usually, I have nightmares and restless sleeping.

I turn around on my side to see Mia still sleeping peacefully next to me. Her lips are a bit swollen and her breathing is steady and calm. I get up and get dressed, wearing my sweatpants and a hoodie that I brought with me.

Seeing as Mia is still sleeping and it's already around midday I'm debating between going out and grabbing food or ordering in or going out for food with Mia. I run my hand through my hair, I'll just wait for her to wake up and see what she wants as well.

As I wait for her to wake up though I'll go and grab chocolate from a supermarket nearby I saw on my way here last night. I look around for her keys, but I don't spot them anywhere in the room. I go to the kitchen looking around finding them in a small bowl on the kitchen counter. I don't think she'll mind me borrowing her house keys, I just don't want to have to wake her up.

I exit her apartment, going quickly towards my car but stopping before I get in. I have the urge to smoke a cigarette, so that's what I do, leaning against my car. Once I finish it I get into my car and drive to the small supermarket. I go in and find the sweets aisle. Shit! I just realized I don't know what kind of chocolate she likes. Oh, man! I'm really nailing this friendship, aren't I? I run my hand through my hair a tendency I have when I'm nervous or really deep in thought.

Fuck it, I'll just get one of everything! Milk chocolate, white chocolate, dark chocolate or not I don't think anyone likes dark chocolate except older people. Yeah, no dark chocolate. Chocolate with caramel, with chunks of cookies in them, with shits in them just...all kinds.

I pay for them, came to bloody £9 man, jeesh! Are these chocolates made out of gold? I sigh and drive back to the apartment, I can't wait to move into mine next week. I go up and unlock the door, putting the keys back to where I found them. I hear sounds from the guestroom so I approach quietly.

"Yeah, mum I'm fine. No, he went to see his parents, he's coming back tomorrow in the afternoon..."

I lean on the door frame, putting my hands in my pockets seeing Mia talk to her mum on the phone, while trying to pull her jeans on. I keep my stare on the floor not wanting to invade her privacy, I clear my throat slightly to let her know I'm here.

"Yeah I'm going out with a friend today so I'll talk to you later okay? Yeah, I love you too mum, " she says finishing her call, putting her phone in the back pockets of her jeans after she manages to put them on. 

"Hey, where did you go this morning? I woke up and you were gone with my keys might I add, " she asks me, an eyebrow raised.

"I just went to pick you up some chocolate, I didn't forget about making it up to you. As far as pizza goes I know a diner that does the best pizzas want to go there for lunch?" I ask her while dumping all the chocolates that I bought her on the bed, smiling at her to musk my anxiousness. She's staring at all the chocolates with her mouth agape.

"Axel you really didn't need to do that, but thanks anyway. Why did you buy so many though, one would've been fine?" She asks me, grabbing the one with caramel in it. I guess that's her favourite, noted.

"I didn't know which one was your favourite so, I opted for buying every kind I saw, well almost every. I'm getting as milk chocolate with caramel is your favourite then?" I ask her.

"Yeah, it is! How did you figure it out now?" she asks me with a smile looking excitedly at all the chocolates.

"Well you reach for that one first and you're still holding it. They're all yours, it's not like you have to choose, " I say chuckling, she looks at them as a kid in a candy store, it's quite adorable.

"Oh, right, yeah this is my favourite but I'll almost eat any chocolate cause well it's chocolate, " she giggles before putting the chocolate bar into her bag.

"Shall we go for food first? I'm actually starving!" she says excitedly, grabbing her bag and coming towards me.

"Yeah let's go, " I say and turn around going towards the front door. When she goes in the kitchen to grab her keys I check the time on my phone, damn how fast does time pass? It's already 11:22 am. We leave her apartment and go down to my car. She laughs at the familiar squicky noise my car door does, whilst getting in.

"So it will take us around 20 minutes to go there, is that okay?" I ask her.

"Yeah, sure, I just hope that the pizza will be indeed the best, " she says throwing me a quick smile.

"It will be I promise, " I say starting the car.

"I hope you don't break that promise. That's another tip for relationships never break promises or don't make them in the first place if you can't keep them, " she winks at me and leans her head on the window looking outside, a small smile permanently on her face.

"Good thing I tend to keep my promises then, " I say focusing my eyes on the road.

"I'll be the one judging that today, but I trust you, " she says softly.

"I trust you too"

A/N

Aww, Axel is really sweet don't you think?

And I don't know does being unable to give advice sometimes make you a bad friend?

When you're mad or upset what does someone need to do to make it up to you?

Also, what is your favourite food?

I hope you enjoyed this ch!

Next update coming on tomorrow!

Feel free to comment & vote if you want to! ❤️

I hope you have a nice day and/or night! Xx