Chapter 71

* 5 years later *

AXEL'S P.O.V

If anyone ever told me back when I was 10 years old that I'll have a future like this I wouldn't believe them. I would of laugh at their faces but when I was left alone I would cry desperately praying that it would actually do come true.

I never thought back then that I would even be alive today. I never thought I would have a mother figure in my life or true friends that would support me no matter what. Most importantly I never thought I would have a beautiful girl to call all mine. My personal muse. My very own source of inspiration.

Before Mia came into my life I never thought of getting a girlfriend because I believed that it was impossible. I never thought I would find someone out there to love me. I never dreamed of marriage. I never really dreamed of having kids. I never dreamed of a happy family. I never dreamed of really anything.

Now though with Mia in my arms, I thought and dreamed about all of those things. I dreamed of travelling the world with her. I dreamed of putting a ring on her finger. I dreamed of creating something special, something unique with her. Something that would be made out of me and her only.

I dreamed of a happy ending.

"What are you thinking about?"

Mia's sweet voice fills my ears alongside the sharp droplets of water falling down on us at a high speed.

Her soft fingertips and the slight roughness of her nails rubbing the soap on my chest bring a smile on my face. The peaceful kind of smile.

"About us and our future."

I open my eyes and drift my gaze down to the beautiful gardens in her eyes. All the money in the world wouldn't be able to buy even a piece of the paintings reflected in them.

"What do you see in our future, ideally?" She whispers and wraps her arms around my neck bringing her face closer to mine.

I can see every speckle of her beauty this way. I brush my nose against her and wrap my arms around her hips softly brushing my fingertips against her bum.

"Ideally I would like to think that we will get married one day and living in our own house and maybe get a puppy or two and..." I swallow hard as all of a sudden I'm getting emotional. I blink the tears polling at my eyes away.

Her fingers run through my hair rubbing my scalp softly knowing that this movement calms me down.

"And what else?"

Her fresh slightly minty breath from the toothpaste brushes my lips softly like the wind.

"And maybe we could have a kid or two or three I don't know."

I look deeply in her eyes as she seems to freeze for a second. As expected this probably came as a shock to her.

A soft wide smile slowly breaks through on her face lighting up my world and tucking at my heart.

"Ideally I would love that. Maybe though we could add another kid on the list. I would be happy thought with just one as well. I don't want to pressure you into anything you're not ready or comfortable in. I just hope we'll be blessed enough to have one."