Chapter 54

MIA'S P.O.V

My eyes hold a piercing gaze with me as I run the brush through my hair untangling any small combs. I'm feeling a bit nervous for tonight for some reason. I mean I met the boys before but we haven't really talk or gotten to know each other, plus I don't think Aiden really likes me. I started to get progressively more and more anxious as the clock was ticking closer to 7 pm but thankfully Axel has the ability to calm me down.

Putting the brush down I grab my nude eyeshadow and apply a bit of it on my eyelids, we're not going anywhere fancy so theirs no point in my getting super glam up. I let my mind drift back to the conversation I had with Axel a few hours ago. I know what I had said hurt him but I didn't want to lie to him, theirs no reason. Things were a bit awkward for the following hour but eventually, we both relax and went back to how we were yesterday, all over each other. I think my lips are bruised from kissing him that much, but is pleasurable pain.

I stare at my reflection as I apply lip balm and mascara. I need to have a spa night soon but to do so I need to buy face masks and snacks. Maybe I'll convince Axel to do one with me. I run my hands through my hair and just shuffle them a bit to bring back a bit of volume before getting up and searching my luggage for clothes.

I need something comfortable so black high waist leggings and crop hoodie it is. I don't bother wearing a bra since my hoodie is not skin tight. I can feel Axels burning gaze on my thighs as I drag the thick material up. I keep pulling the waistband super high cause that's how I like my bottoms, super high waisted. I take my white trainers and sit on the bed to put them on.

"You look beautiful, " his soft satin voice grazing my ears lets me know that he moved closer to me.

"Thank you"

I turn my head to the side seeing him leaning against the wardrobe with his hands in the pockets of his sweatpants. I drift my gaze up and down eying his outfit. He decided to wear a true Axel style outfit. Grey sweatshirt, black joggers, his favourite black trainers and a khaki bomber jacket on top.

"Well don't you look handsome today, " I grin.

"You mean that I don't look handsome every other day? I wear the same type of clothing it's just different colours, " he chuckles and smiles adorably with his dimples showing. Oh, I love those specific dimples. Don't get me wrong dimples are cute in general but his are a bit extra cute.

"Don't worry babe, you look handsome every day I just don't remind you that, maybe I should, " I stand up and give him a kiss on the cheek before gripping them in the palm of my hands. I squish his cheeks together for a second. I burst out laughing letting him go.

"Ah, you look like a pufferfish, " I say after I compost myself.

"Thanks babe I appreciate being compared to a fish"

"Hey! Pufferfish are cute okay?" I gently tried to slap his shoulder but he caught my hand before I could touch him and intertwined our fingers together pulling me to him.

"Okay you're right they are cute, now let's go cause I'm not going to hear the end of it if we're anymore late, " he leans down and kisses my forehead before tucking me towards the front door. I got a grip on my puffer jacket and bag on the way before we got in the car.

The bowling centre is not that far away from Axels place it's only like 10 minutes, nowhere near long enough time for me to prepare emotionally. I start playing with my rings, twisting them and pulling them up and down my fingers. My bottom lip constantly rubbing against my upper lip before my teeth latch on it. Axel's hand grabbing mine makes me instantly relax as I turn around to see him thankfully still fully concentrated on the road.

"There's no need to be anxious about meeting my friends. You saw them before a couple of times, trust me they like you, " his voice soft and soothing.

"I know it's just that... it's different this time, plus I think Aiden doesn't really like me, " I lean my head on the window.

"Mia relax, we fucked that's the only difference, it's nothing major. Maybe if you were my girlfriend yeah it would feel different but you're not, " I could detect a slight edge on his tone.

"Yeah, you're right... I just don't want them to think that I'm using you or something since I didn't break up with Carter yet."

"But you will, won't you?" I turn my head to the side to see him staring back at me. We're parked in the parking lot of the bowling centre.

"Of course I will, " I squeeze his hand.

"Then I don't care what they think. I'm the one that's going to be in a relationship with you, not them."

He leans forward and presses our lips together. It was a sweet slow kiss that didn't last long.

Getting out of the car we get in the centre and easily spot his friends. I know that Axel said he doesn't care what his friends think but I do. I don't want to cause conflict between him and his best friend.

"Hi!" Luca I think says and gives me a warm hug followed by Matt.

"Hey!" as I pull away I see Aiden speaking in hush voices with Axel, he doesn't look too happy.

I take off my jacket and put my bag down as Aiden and Axel approach us again.

"Hey, " I say.

Aiden just nods to show that he acknowledges me.

"Don't worry about him, he's just sexually frustrated, " Matt says pointing at Aiden.

"Dude wtf?!" Aiden smacks him at the back of his head.

"What? I'm just being real here so she wouldn't get your attitude the wrong way tonight, " Matt giggles make me smile. I can feel myself loosening up a bit.

"Yeah, yeah whatever, " Aiden says dismissing him off as he grabs a bowl and throws it pretty decently, he hit 6 pins.

"Oh, nice one, " Axel high fives him.

"Please I can do way better than him, " I say when it's my time to throw.

"Let's make a deal if I win you need to buy me a drink next time we all go out, " Aiden starts saying and stands next to me with his hand extended towards me.

"But if I win you will let me paint your nails, " I say with a smile hearing the boys laugh.

"I wouldn't do it if I was you mate, she seems to determined, " Luca says.

"Fuck you guys, you're supposed to be on my side! Deal," he says while I grab his hand shaking it.

"Deal, " I say before taking my place and throwing the ball hitting all the pins except one.

"Ohh, that was a close one!" Axel gives me a kiss on my temple before grabbing a ball.

In the end, I was wrong to be so nervous before coming here. The boys were nothing but nice to me and very funny. Especially Matt, I think he's my favourite. Aiden ended up losing by 2 points, so I will be painting his nails sometime soon.

Axel wraps his arms around my waist and rests his chin on my head.

"See I told you, you had nothing to worry about, " he kisses my head and pulls away so he can see my face.

"I know, I know you were right, " I go on my tiptoes and kiss the corner of his lips.

"Oh come on that's what I get?!" he says as I walk backwards and shrug my shoulders.

"Oh, you're getting it when we go back home, " he says making me laugh.

Oh boy, I'm in for a wild ride tonight!

A/N

Hey guys, I hope you're all doing well!

What did you think of this chapter?

Do you find pufferfish cute?

Next chapter coming out tomorrow.

Feel free to comment & vote! ❤️

All the love - M ❤️