Chapter 34

I hiss as the tip of my finger accidentally touch the burning curler. I thought I'll curl my hair for a change since they're naturally straight. Taking another section of my hair I wrap them around the hot poll and wait a few seconds before realising it.

Looking into my bored eyes that seem to be more brown today with flecks of light mint green, I start to think of Axel's sea-green eyes. I miss the way they get all tangled up in mine. I miss the warmth they provide to mine. 

Leaving my eyes alone I start pointing out all the little flaws my skin has. I don't have perfect porcelain skin as all those girls on social media have or fake have. I have pores and blackheads around my nose that don't seem to want to leave my skin despite all the deep cleaning I give them. I have zits on my forehead and chin, I'm going to see my period soon. I also have bags under my eyes, I couldn't sleep last night. Not after Axel's first gesture of winning me over.

It was such a small but thoughtful action and I love that. I don't need extravaganzas and expensive stuff. I like simple things. This makes me wonder what else can Axel do to win me. What is going to be his next move? Are we going to continue with the roses and notes? Is he going to do something else?

It also makes me wonder what Carter will do. At this point, he still doesn't know that someone else wants me. I haven't hinted or told him anything and somehow I feel like he should know but I'm afraid to tell him. I don't want him to think I cheated or something. I don't want to hurt him.

The good thing is that he finally realises that our relationship was going downhill and he's trying to save it just like I do. He puts effort into this relationship more like our first year together. We spent more quality time together and he takes me out more regularly. One thing that I do know is that I love him. I just don't know if it's in a friendly or romantic manner anymore.

I put down the curler and shut off the plug. I run my hand throw my hair to soften them up before picking up my lipgloss and applying it to my lips. I just pack and nude eyeshadow all over my lid before putting mascara and my stud earrings in. I'm not big on makeup.

I roam through my wardrobe and find a mini baby blue satin slip-on dress with a cowl neckline. It's great for me since I have small boobs it creates the illusion that they're bigger. Not that I don't love my tiny titties, I'm an A cup. I used to be insecure about them especially when my friends started wearing bras and I didn't need to but I grew to love them. That's one insecurity tick off just another 5 more to go.

I slip it on and wear nude tights underneath cause it's cold all year around here. I pull from the hanger my white faux leather coat, it's thick and warm and I love it. I pull on my white thigh-high boots and zip them up. I check myself in the mirror one last time as I see from the corner of my eyes Maya texted me, she is here. I grab my keys, phone and bag and skip down the stairs not bothering with the elevator, it's just two sets of small stairs anyway.

Carter went out with his friends as well to one of their friend's house. He just texted me to be careful and have a fun time with my friends. Ugh! He's so sweet and caring and I need a lot of alcohol!

Time to get drunk and forget about boys!

"Hey hot stuff, " Maya rolls down the window and yells.

"Oh, never call me that again pls, " I open the door and get on the passenger seat.

"Nadia?" I ask Maya once I realize she's not here.

"She is already there since I was a bit late. She is waiting for us, " I nod along and let my head rest on the window.

"How are we getting back home, cause you'll drink too right?" I ask her after a few minutes of the radio filling the silence.

"James is home. He'll wait for my call to come and pick us up. Don't worry, " she waves me off.

I stare into the night sky, there aren't too many stars tonight decorating it. Similar to my mind I have a couple of thousands of stars when Carters around but when Axel is I have about a million of stars decorating my mind.

After not too long we arrive at the busy looking bar by the number of cars parked outside. It looks rustic and quite old building from the outside but inside is all more modern decor. We pull outside and hop off the car. Theirs quite a lot of people here tonight. I hope I won't embarrass my ass too much when I'll get drunk.

"There!" Maya points to Nadia who is waving at us already looking tipsy.

"Hii, " she yells and giggles before pushing the drinks she order toward us.

"Hey, drunk already I see, " I say before dowing the glass filled with vodka.

"Just a little bit you girls were 10 minutes late I was lonely, " Nadia slurs her words around.

I order another three before downing one of them.

"Wow, girl take it easy!" Maya tells me, eyes wide while watching me empty glass after glass.

"What? I came here to get drunk!" I say rolling my eyes.

"Oh, Lord help me cause tonight it's going to be a long night, " Maya mumbles to herself before sipping on her drink.

After the 5 no 13 glass of pure vodka, I couldn't think about anyone. Finally, my brain stops functioning!

I giggle at nothing with Nadia while Maya drops her head on the table.

"I'll call Carter to come to pick you up, cause I can't take care of both of you while also being slightly drunk," Maya says slurring on her words a little bit.

Maya was definitely the soberest out of the three of us, then it's Nadia and then it's me.

I don't hear Maya speak so I guess Carter didn't pick up.

"Is he not picking up?" I ask trying to keep my eyes open.

"No, I called him 4 times now, I'll try from yours," Maya sighs before grabbing my phone out of my hand.

"Hey! You can't just steal my phone, you thief!" I think I shout? I'm not sure I might as well have whispered that.

"Yeah...okay...great...I can't thank you enough...see you, " she ends the phone call with whoever she called and hands me back my phone.

"I'm a no thief bitch and tomorrow you'll be thanking me, " she says poking my nose.

Another 15 minutes went by alongside 4 glasses of water the bartender wouldn't give us any more alcohol seen as we're all smashed.

Maya's boyfriend came a few minutes ago and sat next to her holding her in his arms. I want someone to hold me and love me to death and one day marry me like this two. They've been together 6 years there it for one another. That's what Maya told me at least.

"Sorry for being late! I thought the bar was closer, " I turn and look up at the masculine voice with the heavy accent.

My eyes meeting theirs.

Fuck me!

A/N

Who does the masculine voice belong to?
Axel? Carter? Someone else? 👀

Hoped you guys enjoyed this chapter see you tomorrow to find out who is there to pick Mia up!

Feel free to comment & vote! ❤️

Have a nice day/night! Xx

All the love - M ❤️