Chapter 6

AXEL'S P.O.V

The whole day yesterday I was thinking about Luca's words. "You could if you want, she is really nice."  I rub my hands on my face. I don't know why this is occupying my mind so much. It's ridiculous!

I shove my hand in my right jacket pocket and grab the familiar pack of cigarettes, getting one out and lighting it. I take a deep drag inviting the warmth in my lungs. I open my eyes and look around trying to see if I can spot those hazel eyes anywhere but so far no luck. Checking my phone, I see that it's 9:48 am, she is late.

After about 2 minutes I hear that sweet and slightly deeper voice.

"Hey, Axel!" Mia says, coming and standing in front of me smiling.

"Hey, you're late today, " I say taking another drag of my cigarette.

"Aww, don't tell me you got worried about me, " she places a hand on her chest while smiling widely at me.

"Shut up, I didn't. I was just weirded out because your ass wasn't annoying me yet, " I shrug and kick a small peddle with my shoe.

She laughs out loud making a few people walking by turn and look at her.

"Sure, whatever makes you feel better, " she says and readjusts her handbag strap on her shoulder.

I clear my throat and put out my cigarette. I want to ask her something that's out of my comfort zone.

"So, there is a party this Friday at someones home, do you want to come?"

I can hear my heartbeat echoing in my ears and my palms becoming more slimy every second that goes by. Taking a deep breath I try to calm my erratic heartbeat before finding a whole different kind of confidence to look at her. One glance at her face and I'm already regretting asking her.

Why the hell did I do that? I hold my breath as I wait for her answer. If I'm lucky enough I'll pass out before she answers.

She raises her eyebrows clearly not expecting this, at least from me. A small smile starts to slowly form on her face, "Sure, why not, I don't have anything better to do, " she shrugs.

I was expecting her to turn my offer down, to be honest. I was ready for her to turn me down. I thought she would have plans with her boyfriend, guess I was thinking wrong.

"Great, I can pick you up if you want. I notice you taking the bus sometimes, " I say trying not to sound like a stalker cause I'm not! It's just that when I'm leaving I notice her taking the bus and... You know what? I'm just going to shut up now.

"Umm, yeah that will be great actually and you notice right I don't drive, " She says while smirking.

Yeah, she definitely thinks I'm a stalker now.

Well, fuck me!

On second thought, don't!

"Now I have a lecture that I need to go to cause I'm running late just like you do, " she says and starts backing away.

"I'll see you on Friday Axel, " she says.

"Umm, Mia?" I say.

She stops in her tracks and turns around so she is facing me again.

"Yeah, " she says raising her eyebrows.

"I do kinda need your phone number, you know so you could text me your address, " I say.

"Oh yeah, you're right, " she says walking quickly back towards me.

"Here give me your phone and I will put my number in it."

I give her my phone and she puts her number in as well as calls her phone with it.

"Great, now I have your number too! See you on Friday, " she says happily and rushes into the building.

"That was really smooth Axel, wow, " Aiden comes around the corner grinning at me.

"Oh, shut up man!" I say at him and punch him lightly on his stomach.

"I was just messing with you but don't forget she has a boyfriend, yeah? She's off-limits, " he says while we're walking towards our lecture, we're already late but who cares.

"I know, I'm not trying to fuck her, I'm trying to be her friend, " I say to him ending our conversation as we walk into the lecture room.

.............

Friday came faster than I excepted. I didn't have nearly enough time to prepare as I would've liked. I spray cologne on my wrist and mess with my hair again. I put on a plain white t-shirt with a graphic design on the back, my dark denim jeans, and white trainers.

Grabbing my phone again I texted Mia to see if she is ready yet. I try to find my leather jacket around my messy wardrobe, as I wait for her response. Finally finding it I open my bedside drawer and grab another pack of cigarettes, putting it in the back pocket of my jeans.

Checking my phone again I see that Mia responded saying that she will be ready in 10 minutes alongside her address. Checking to see how long it will take me to get there I grab the keys off my desk and rush down the stairs. I unlock the front door grabbing the knob and turning it ready to leave the house before a voice stops me.

"Where do you think you're going?" Patrick says.

Without turning around I responded to him, "To a party with my friends."

"Tell Aiden to make less noise when he'll bring your drunk ass back home in the middle of the night, " he says in a harsh voice.

"Don't worry he will bring me early in the morning, " I say smirking even though he can't see me.

"Don't get fucking smart with me or else your sleeping outside in the garden next time your drunk, " he yells at me.

Without responding I just exit the house smacking the door shut just to piss him up even more. Getting in the car I drive to Mia's place. After around 15 minutes I arrive outside the apartment building, texting Mia letting her know I'm here.

I get out of the car walking slowly going up to the second floor, counting the numbers on the front doors of other people's apartments until I reach hers. 12E, Mia is on the other side of this door. I ring the bell and wait patiently for her to come. The door opens only a few seconds later revealing Mia and her bright smile.

I let my eyes scan her body from toes to head. She wears black ankle heeled boots, black high waisted jeans, a lace bralette with a mesh top on top, and her black denim jacket.  She wears lipgloss drawing attention to her plump lips, a wing eyeliner and highlighter on her cheekbone and nose.

Well, she can definitely fuck me if she was single.

-----------

A/N

Ugh, can Patrick shut up already? I hate this guy!

Anyway, how are you guys feeling about this chapter? I hope you enjoyed it!

Feel free to comment & vote! ❤️

Have a nice day or night depending on when you're reading this! Xx