Chapter 35

AXEL'S P.O.V

Once I saw Mia's name illuminating on my phone screen I answered it immediately. I was expecting her to maybe well, I don't know actually but what I wasn't at all expecting was to hear Maya's voice instead of Mia's, and that worried me.

When Maya told me that Mia was drunk and asked me if I could pick her up my first thought was were was Carter. Isn't he her boyfriend? Shouldn't he be taking care of her? Not that I'm complaining but for just a minute I got my hopes up that maybe she broke up with him. I was wrong of course. It was dumb of me to even think that to be honest.

I went to pick up Mia and I was going to take her back to hers but seen the state she was in I couldn't do that.

"Are you kidding me?! Man, even in my dreams you don't leave me alone, " she pouts and lets her head roll back on her seat once she saw me.

"Sorry for bothering your dreams, but I'll take you back to mine and take care of your drunk ass since someone else seems to be too busy to watch his girl, " I wrap my arms around her waist and lifts her off her seat.

"You!" She points her finger at Maya. Well, tries to...it seems more like she pointed at the floor. I pull her towards the door and into my car.

I decided to bring her back to mine so I could take proper care of her. Plus I didn't want to risk bumping into Carter and having to answer why the hell his girl was resting in my arms.

Mia is a handful when she is drunk let me tell you that.

She starts giggling when I grab her waist lifting her out of the car and closing the door. She lazily wraps her arms around my neck and nuzzles her face in my chest. We walk in the building but shit! The elevator is out of order so we'll need to take the stairs.

"Come on Mia, we need to take the stairs, " I say and try to walk forward.

"Why?" she says.

"Cause the elevator is out of order for today, " I start walking up the stairs with a constant swaying Mia in my arms.

"Then put it back in order idiot. I don't see any other elevator so how is it not in order, " she giggles trying to say that. I guess even she realizes what she said was dumb.

"Come on Mia, help me out here, " I'm exhausted already.

"No, I don't want to, " she snorts.

"You know what fuck it, " I lean a bit down and wrap my other hand around her thighs lifting her up bridal style.

"Now this is more like it, " I say walking up the 3 sets of stairs.

"Woo, congratulations to us, " she whispers looking at me.

"Yeah we manage to walk upstairs no one has ever done that before, " I roll my eyes.

"Really?" She says looking legitimately shocked. 

Oh Lord help me!

"Yes, really! We're the first dolphins on earth to walk on stairs, " I'll just go along with it.

"Wow! We're going to be famous, " she gasps.

"I don't want that! People are going to be mean for no reason."

"Don't worry the internet failed us, we don't use it anymore, " I say the first thing that comes to my mind.

"Omg! That's...that's, " she never finishes that sentence.

I put her feet back on the floor and fish my keys out of my pocket opening the door.

"You can show me your dick now!" She all of a sudden yells.