Chapter 13

MIA'S P.O.V

The diner is smaller than I expected, it only haves around 6-7 booths. It's cosy though and vintage style, I like it! We order two pepperoni pizzas and wait for them to come. I swirl my straw in my orange juice while Axel sips on his beer.

"How did you find this place?" I ask him taking a sip of my juice.

"I was slightly drunk but I didn't want to go to my house yet, I didn't want to risk interrupting a fight again. So I was driving around to see if there was any place I could sit down and eat and yeah...I came across this place, I liked how quiet it was, from then it's one of my go-to places whenever I want to escape the situation back at my house, " he explains.

I never understood how someone can treat their child in such horrible ways, adopted or not. It doesn't make that child any less yours! I wish I could have helped him but I don't think I can do anything in this situation.

"Do you come here a lot then? Do you come alone?" I ask him, getting curious.

"Yeah I come here a lot, that's why the waiter knew me, and mostly yes I come alone. A few times Aiden was with me and now you for the first time!" He says smiling.

"Hopefully not the last especially if the pizza is good!" I say pointing a finger at him.

"Hopefully, it's going to be the first of many, " he says and winks at me.

I laugh and shake my head.

Our pizzas arrive and damn they smell amazing!

"They're huge!" That is the first thing I say.

"Not the only thing, " I hear Axel say, more like whisper under his breath.

I lean my head back and let out a laugh.

"Yeah you're right my mind is huge just like your ego, " I say.

"Ouch, angel, you bruised me!" He says sarcastically placing a hand on his chest making me laugh even more.

I kick him lightly under the table.

"Oh! What was that for?" He asks reaching down to rub the spot I softly hit.

"That's for playing smart with me!" I say taking a bite of the pizza.

Let's see how this bad boy tastes like.

When I start chewing and the flavours kick in, I can hardly keep my moan of pure pleasure in.

"Oh wow! This is amazing!" I say pointing at the pizza excited.

"See, I told you I know how to keep my promises!" He says winking.

"You're right, I will never doubt you again, " I say before taking another bite.

"So, shall we have lesson number 2?" He asks me.

"Yeah of course! So, another key to a successful relationship is trust." I begin to say.

"Trust is important for other kinds of relationships as well, like friendships and partnerships. If you feel the need to go through your partner's phone for example, then the trust factor is lost or broken. You don't trust your partner? Your relationship won't last. A lot of arguments will arise from the constant concerns about where your partner is and with who, who were they texting and stuff like that. But also, concerns about if they truly love you or are they with you for other reasons and don't get me wrong, trust is earned. Is not something you magically have it's something you establish, " I say.

"Have you done that before?" He suddenly asks me.

"Done what?"

"Snoop around on your boyfriend's phone."