Chapter 10

I ring the doorbell placing my hands on each side of the door frame and hanging my head down as I wait for Mia to let me in.

"Hi," Mia whispers looking me up and down as if she was expecting a physical wound but no, all my pain is internal.

"Hi."

She opens the door widely and motions me to get in before closing and locking the door behind her.

"This way, " she says as I follow her towards a bedroom.

"This is the guestroom, you can sleep in here for the night, " she says going and laying on the bed patting the spot next to her for me to go.

I drop the bag by the bed and join her, laying next to her. Both of us resting our hands on our stomachs facing the ceiling.

"What happened?" Mia whispers.

"My foster parents happened, " I say softly, thinking about how to say things to her.

Do I start from the beginning or do I just talk about tonight's events? I've never been really comfortable talking about my situation behind closed doors but, I don't know. There is something about Mia that makes me feel comfortable around her and that I can talk to her without being judged.

"Foster parents?" She asks confusion lingering on her words.

"Yeah I've been in the system since I was 3 I think. I change 3 families. The first one I stay with until I was 7, with the other until I was 11 and ever since then I've been living with my current family, " I say keeping my voice on the low and practically forcing out the words family, cause that's the last thing we are.

"My foster mum, well I guess just mum since she adopted me, Rebecca got divorce with my then foster dad but then a few years down the line she remarried to my current not at all dad, Patrick, " I chuckle without any humour in my tone.

My fingers pick and fiddle with some loose threads on the hem of my top.

"They fight constantly, and more than half of those fights are about me."

She keeps quiet while I speak and I appreciate it.

"Patrick doesn't like me at all, he despises me actually! He's very strict and aggressive towards me. I don't like him either, so I guess it doesn't really bother me, " the last bit comes out as a whisper.

"You don't call them mum and dad?" Mia asks me.

"No, I don't, " I say.

"What about Rebecca? How is she like?"

"She's nice I guess. She does try to bond with me but I don't really feel like it, " I say while letting my eyes drift around the room.

"Why not?" she whispers almost as if we talk too loudly all hell will break loose.

"I don't know about you, but if my wife was talking like that to my son I would've had kicked her out of the house and get a divorce immediately, " I say a bit too harshly.

I let out a sigh and shake my head trying to not get mad again or break down in tears. I don't even know why I'm getting emotional over it.

"You're going to be a great dad one day, I can already tell just by that," Mia says as a smile takes over her grim expression. I can tell that she is trying to lighten up the conversation.

"I don't think I'll ever be a dad, " I say smiling sadly whilst turning to look at Mia. She must have turned over on her side facing me at some point when I was talking. I turn on my side mimicking her.

"Why not?" She asks me, a sad expression on her face.

"I've never had a girlfriend. I've never had love. I don't know how relationships work, " I shrug.

To be honest I don't think I'll ever find someone to love me. I'm not even sure if I want kids in the future.

We let the silence do some of the talking as we stare into each other's eyes. Seconds past, minutes but not once has any of us looked away.

"I can teach you a few things about relationships and love, obviously I'm not an expert at it but I can talk based on the experience that I had with it, " she offers me a small smile.

"We can have our own how to do relationships lectures or sessions better! "

Her smile now reaches her eyes, a glint of amusement in her eyes.

"Sure we can why not? Maybe they'll come in handy in 15 years from now, " I say, rolling my eyes but smiling nonetheless.

"Oh, don't worry you're still young! You'll see that at some point in your life you'll find your number one. It might be in a few weeks, months, years but you will one day, and when that day comes at least with my lessons you'll be ready, " she says letting a few giggles out.

"So, if my relationship doesn't work out I can also blame your lessons about it, no?" I say letting my smile twist into a smirk.

"Hey! My lessons will be amazing! If your relationship fails you'll have yourself and your future partner to blame, maybe you didn't listen to me carefully when I was delivering my lessons." She gives me a playful shove on my shoulder and points her finger at me. 

I throw my head back at the soft pillow and let out a small laugh, amused at her trying to sound stern. I turn around to face her again seeing that she has a big smile on her face and a thoughtful expression.

"What?" I ask her.

"You should laugh more it fits the good boy aesthetic your trying to achieve. It's also sexy when the bad boy laughs, so it will be a win-win situation for you, " she says laughing at me.

"Good to know that you find me laughing sexy, " I say raising my eyebrows quickly at her making her laugh more.

"I don't find you sexy idiot, just your laugh, " she winks at me and smiles.

"What about you? You're in a relationship how is that going for you?" I ask her my smile slowly dropping off my face.

"It's going well! Carter's really nice and he treats me right most of the time," she says getting lost in her thoughts.

"Most of the time? I'll take a wild guess and say that he should treat you right all the time, " I say.

"Oh Axel, you'll learn that when you get into a relationship not everything will be perfect. You'll have your ups and downs, you'll argue and fight and yell at each other and someone will be doing the slamming door thing but you'll also laugh and fall asleep in each other's arms, kiss and make-out, have sex and deep ass conversations, " she pauses and takes a breath as silence takes over for a couple of minutes.

"You'll just have to find the right person, " she says, looking at the ceiling.

"Did you find it?" I ask her with a frown on my face.

"Find what?" she turns to look at me.

"Find the right person, your number one," I ask.

She doesn't answer immediately, instead, we just stare at one another.

"For long term speaking as in forever. I'm not sure if I did, " she finally says.

---------

A/N

So, what do we think about this chapter?

Axel opened up a little bit about his struggles and thoughts and Mia listened to it all patiently.

- Do you sense any type of tension between these two?

Hope you enjoy this chapter and the next one will come out soon!

Feel free to comment & vote! ❤️

Have a nice day or night depending on when you're reading this! Xx

Stay safe & stay strong!