Chapter 16

MIA'S P.O.V

I smooth down my black satin, midi-length, spaghetti strap dress, with a small slit on the side. Twisting to see if it looks good from all angles I decide that it'll do. I put a crop jumper over it because let's be honest, it's the end of November and it's freezing cold at night!

I don't put on any lipstick because we're going for food so there's no point in putting it on just to get it to smudge all over me. I just put on mascara and lip balm, cause my lips are getting chapped.

Putting on my white trainers Carter walks through the door with his black sweatshirt, dark blue denim jeans, and a puffer jacket.

"You look nice, " he says coming close to me, wrapping his arms around my waist, his head leaning on top of mine.

"You're not too bad yourself, " I say giggling.

"So, ready to go for some waffles?" He asks excitedly.

"Yess please!" I say turning around and following him out the door.

We go to our usual place finding a booth next to a window so we can look at the pretty Christmas lights that they are already starting to put around the city.

"So I was thinking that maybe next week, a friend of mine is going to have a frat party, do you want to come with me?" Carter says to me once we order our waffles.

"Yeah, sure!" I say smiling.

See, he does try to fix his mistakes, I was right, or was I? Axel's words have imprinted themselves in my head and they don't want to go away. It's been 4 days now but I can't get rid of them and that makes me want to be mad at Axel, but then again why? Is it because he is causing me to have doubts? Or is it because he called me out on my act?

The waffles being placed in front of me snap me out of my thoughts that I got lost without realizing.

"You're being surprisingly quiet, what is bothering you again?" He asks worrying about me.

He grabs my hand that's resting on the table and run soothing circles on it.

"I was just thinking about how this is nice. I miss this, I miss us, " I say to him honestly.

He offers me a small smile.

"Me too, I wish I had realized this sooner, " he says guilt clear as a bright blue sky on his face.

"It's okay, better late than never right?"

"Yeah, " he says kissing my hand.

"Also, I was thinking that maybe you need to talk to someone about your stress, " I say in a more serious tone.

"I did talk about it with you, " he says removing his hand from mine.

I really hope this doesn't end in an argument again.

"I mean a professional. I'm not really sure what to advise you to do. What I do know though is that is not healthy to get drunk whenever you're feeling stressed," I say gently showing that I'm not here to fight.

"You know I don't like talking about my problems, especially with some stranger. I feel more comfortable talking with you about it," he says getting restless.

"I know but if you let this go on like this it might become a bigger issue in the future, " I say grabbing his hand back in mine.

"I won't let it become anything worse, I promise, " he says squeezing my hand gently.

"I'm only getting drunk when I'm out with my friends, is not like I get drunk home, so don't worry I got this under control babe, " he says looking outside the window.

"Okay, " I say dropping the subject.

"Okay, " he repeats.

We go on to talk about more pleasant stuff like some of the memories we had made together.

"How was I supposed to know that the dog piss on whoever he didn't like, " he says while I try to contempt my laughter but I fail miserably.

We continue talking and laughing and sharing a few kisses, Carter feeding me a huge strawberry and then driving home after we paid the bill. We split it in half cause I feel weird sometimes when people spent money on me.

We found ourselves kissing before he's even able to open the front door. He uses me to shut the door close, grabbing my tights.

"Jump, " he whispers wrapping my legs around his waist, he takes us towards our bedroom.

Once we're close to the bed he throws me, gently of course, on it and approaches me slowly taking off my jumper before placing kisses down my neck.

For a split second, just a split second, Axel appears in my head, that time at the party where his lips skim my neck.

Carter's kiss thought makes them disappear.

They're soft and gentle.

I'm getting frustrated with myself now! I don't want to ruin this, today was a step up for us, I don't want us to fall back again.

Oh, who am I kidding we still haven't climbed the fucking mountain yet. We just started!

I moan softly at the taste I've become accustomed to. The thing about Carter is that he feels familiar, he feels like home at this point. When he pulls away, our noses touching as we stare into each other's eyes.

I push Carter on his back, straddling his waist. I kiss him and run my hands under his sweatshirt, pulling it up as I go. I separate our lips so I can pull it completely off him throwing it somewhere on the floor. I go back to kissing him as his hands travel to my left side where the zip is and drag it down softly. I remove the straps letting it fall at my waist before I stand up to pull it off throwing it where his sweatshirt was lying.

We get everything else off and he pushes me to my back, positioning his dick to my entrance. He did wrap it before pushing slowly in me. My breath hitches as he stays still for a few seconds to adjust. His thrusts are slow but hard, only getting faster when we approach our orgasm. We stay still, his forehead resting on mine with my hands around his neck after we cum.

Sleep didn't come easily to me.

My mind is preoccupied with all these different thoughts.

I watch Carter as he sleeps next to me, his back facing me. I chew on my nail with a frown on my face.

Something is missing from our relationship.

Tonight I moved differently when Carter and I were having sex.

The question is how do I find what is missing to fix it?

Ugh! I don't want to hurt Carter. I love him. We spent so many years together loving and caring about one another. I think I'm overthinking this whole thing again. I can't help it though I'm an overthinker which sucks majorly. I can't make a decision at the snap of my finger. I need to thoroughly think through everything 100 times before making a choice.

I move closer to him and hug him feeling his hand coming to rest over mine interlocking our fingers while I let sleep put my mind at ease.

This, right here, feels nice.

Having him in my arms feels nice...

A/N

Hey guys,

I hope you enjoy this chapter!

More detailed sex scenes are coming in the future so don't worry if you thought this was short. 😏

Feel free to comment & vote! ❤️

Have a nice day or night depending on when you're reading this! Xx