Characters Introduction

"Hi! I'm Mia Withington. I'm 19 soon to be 20 years old. Currently in a relationship with Carter and I'm a shopaholic."

I burst out laughing shaking my head.

"No, no I'm not, I'm not I promise. I just felt like I'm in one of those group therapy sessions where we sit in a circle and one by one stand up and say why we're here. Why are you laughing man?"

I look at Axel standing in the corner of the room with his back on the wall and hand clutching his forehead.

'Nothing' he mouths at me.

"Come here, come here, " I say to him while also motioning with my fingers for him to approach me.

He comes and stands next to me playing with the rings on his hand and looking at the floor.

"Go on lad, since you seem to like this so much, go on is your turn, " I say while smiling so hard my face starts to hurt.

"Hi! I'm Axel Dorey. I'm 21 years old. Single as always unlike this one next to me. I like to draw a lot, it's my passion and hobby and hopefully career in the future." He turns and looks at me smiling with a raised eyebrow.

"Was that good?" he asks me.

"Yeah, that was good mate."

"Can you stop friend-zoning me please?"

"Sorry lad. I don't do it intentionally."

"Sure you don't."

I laugh twisting to the side on the chair.

"Should we call Carter to join us?" I ask the interviewer.

"There's no need to. We are the important ones, " Axel cuts in the interviewer making everyone laugh.

"He's like mention constantly! What do you mean, mate?"

"Yeah but, we're more important than him, and there are only two chairs here, therefore, there's no need to invite him to this interview."

"Okay, shall we start the interview?"

"Yes," we both answer at the same time.

"What are three words that you'll use to describe each other?"

"Oh, I already know this, " Axel says.

"Go on then, you start, " I say.

"She is a massive overthinker, which is a bad thing."

"Oh come on now! You couldn't start with a nice one?" I shake my head.

"She is stubborn but she is also very loving. Three words there you go!" He turns and looks at me.

"He is strong both physically and mentally I believe. He is playful but quite distant or closed off should I say better," I say.

"Mia, you mentioned earlier that you're in a relationship with Carter. How is your relationship going and how would you describe your boyfriend?"

"Oh boy, we're diving straight to deep water huh?" I say and look down for a second.

"Well, this is going to be interesting, " Axel says.

"We're good! We're not great in comparison to our first year together but we're not doing horrible either. We have our ups and downs and we argue sometimes like any other couple out there. We don't differ in any way. As far as describing him I would say that...he is adventurous, romantic when he puts his mind into it, caring and loving but also one thing that is a flaw to say it like that is that he avoids talking about his problems which could be quite tricky at times."

"Well, I wish you the best for your relationship."

"Thank you!"

"Now Axel, you said earlier that drawing is your passion. Why? What makes you pick up a pencil and start drawing?"

"I like drawing because it's a form of escapism for me. Just like books are to Mia over here. It's calming and it's something that consumes my thoughts while I'm at it. It's also a way of expression for me. I was very young when I first started drawing there isn't a particular reason why I picked that hobby. I like drawing either sceneries or figures mostly."

"So books are a form of escapism for you, Mia, why?"

"It's because it can really help you escape reality for a few hours. It's also something that can help you pass time very quickly. Especially when it's a very captivating story. You don't realize how long you've been reading it until you look at the time again and it's 3 hours later just like that. I particularly like books that are in general more realistic and have relatable characters. There is almost something comforting about being able to relate to a character. Not only you feel instantly closer to them but you also feel like you're not the only one that is like that even though those specific characters don't actually exist in real life. It's also fascinating how they can pass emotions to you through a screen or paper. They can make you laugh, cry, smile, and fall in love. They can also though piss you off, annoy you, and frustrated you. I guess though in cases like this any emotion they can pass you is quite good because it means that they draw you in so much that they manage to get reactions out of you."

"That's very true. So now I want to ask both of you something. What is the one thing you desire the most in life?"

"Oh, I love this question. Well, what I want the most is to have a family of my own one day in the future hopefully. I'm a very family-oriented person and hopefully I'll be blessed enough to have a family in the future, " I say and then turn to pay attention to Axel's answer.

I'm very intrigued to see what he desires the most.

"Well, what I desire is love. It's not something that I have in my life at the moment but I do hope that I'll have it in the future, " he says.

"You said at the beginning that you were single as always so did you meant that in a literal way?"

"Oh, yes. I haven't been in a relationship before in my whole 21 years of life. I swear it's like rare these days. Every kid just jumps into a relationship way too quickly. It's like you're expected to do certain things at some certain moment in life. Oh, by 16 you'll have your first kiss. By 18 you'll have sex for the first time. By 25 you'll get married and by 27 you'll have your first child. I think it could also be a result of peer pressure sometimes, unfortunately. I hope as the years go by we'll all be taking steps forward rather than backward."

"Okay, that's it! We're done. Thank you for being here and answering all the questions truthfully. I wish you both the best of luck and hopefully, I'll see you again in a few months."

"Thank you for inviting us and I'm pretty sure we'll meet again in the near future, " I say and stand up to hug her and pick up my water bottle as Axel goes to do the same.

"Thank you for having us, it was a pleasure, " Axel says.

Well, this was an interesting day.

I haven't had an interview before but this was fun!

Now onto more important things...