Chapter 69

AXEL'S P.O.V

2 months later

I tape close a cardboard box and stand up stretching my back.

"Are you going to pack everything today? You haven't even found a buyer," Aiden says placing another box down.

"No, I won't. I'll just pack a few things besides I did find a potential buyer. They will be coming by later on today to have a look."

I've been packing a few things with Aiden's help since morning.

The last two months have been a bit weird and a bit slow.

I did as Mia told me and spent time bonding with Rebecca. It's nice having her as a mum to me.

She's been really patient with me and I'm grateful for that.

As for Mia and I, we've been calling and face timing each other every other day and we even went out for lunch two times. She focuses more on uni assignments as I do and we're good.

I don't know what we are exactly. I don't know if we're like dating. We always end our conversations with I love you though.

I do think we'll have a future together I just don't know when it will start.

I also started going to therapy for the past month. I'm going once a week for an hour or two. I realize by going to these sessions that it's good to talk about a few things with a professional.

"Why do you even want to sell this flat? You work hard for years to have enough money to move out on your own mate, so why sell it?"

"Well, I did want that because I never had a proper family or home. I realized that Rebecca isn't bad at all and she is the first person that I can see as a parental figure."

"What aren't you telling me? That's not the reason you want to leave this place, like come on mate. I've known you since we were 11 years old, you got to try way harder than that to convince me."

Can he not play dumb for a few situations, honestly.

I roll my eyes and let out a sigh. I take a sit on the floor with my back resting against the wall and my elbow plops up on a box.

He sits next to me, throwing me a glance before staring at the wall. A couple of minutes go by us neither of us talking.

I'm pretty sure he does know the real reason why I want to leave this place but I know he much prefers to hear it from me.

"It's about Mia isn't it?" He finally breaks the silence asking me a question he already knows the answer to.

"Everywhere I go in this flat memories I created with her come crashing down. Her sleeping on my bed, having a shower with me, cooking with me, cuddling on the sofa watching movies or award shows. Us cleaning the house together and decorating the whole place. Painting the walls and drinking beer out of wine glasses whilst asking questions about each other. Us having deep meaningful conversations or talking about our past. Me spending hours just watching her and drawing her. I mentally and physically can't stay here not unless I want to go insane or have a heart attack."

"I thought you two were doing better?"

"We are in a sense that we're on speaking terms. Other than that I don't know what we are. We haven't put any labels on us. I'm a bit confuse cause we're not hanging out as much as we used to even when we were just friends but we do speak every week if not every day and we do face time..." I take a deep breath and rub my eyes feeling exhausted all of a sudden.

"But?" Aiden says.

"But...I don't know, " I shake my head, "I don't know" I whisper.

Now uni is over. We don't have any more assignments to do since last week. I'm expecting her and me to have a talk now that we don't have any other responsibilities but I'm a bit scared of what she will say to me.

"Well, what do you want?" Aiden asks me.

"I want us to be together. I want Mia to be my girlfriend. I want to experience this type of love. I think I deserve it after all this year's of been robed off many things a child should've had."

"Oh, you're in deep man, " he says bumping his shoulder with mine as I chuckle.

"I know...I just hope that she'll want the same thing."

"Trust me, Axel, she does. I was a bit hesitant about you guys at the begin but Mia isn't as I thought she'll be and that's a good thing."

He stands up and grabs his jacket checking his phone before turning back towards me.

"You know if you had worded differently you're concerned that day, this all wouldn't have happened."

I frown looking at him. I don't get what he's on about.

"What?"

He looks at me with his mouth slightly open and a bored expression on his face.

He takes lets out a sigh and sits back down.

"If you had kept your cool that day and didn't say the words giving up among other things, this whole thing could've been avoided. Sometimes we want to say something but it comes out so wrong that it causes tensions. If you had said it differently for example that you don't feel ready to get in a relationship and if you two could continue doing what you were doing without labels or expectations, I'm sure she would've been okay with it. If you do want a relationship with her you better be ready to open up your mind as well as heart mate cause otherwise, you won't last long."

He stands up and dusts his jeans, slipping his phone in his back pocket.

"Anyway, I got to go. You'll be okay with your thoughts?"

"Yeah don't worry the buyer would be coming in a few anyway."

"Okay good luck, mate, " he says as the door closes behind him.

I think about what he said earlier and he's right. I overreacted and worded things very poorly but everything happens for a reason, right? Maybe we needed this time apart so when we meet again, we'll be stronger mentally and ready to move on to better things. I mean she had just broken up with her boyfriend and I know that she stills cares about him so maybe moving on with me that quickly would've had ended in a disaster.

I manage to pack another two boxes before the doorbell rings. That must be the buyer.

I check myself very quickly in the mirror to see if I'm a little bit presentable but I'm in my joggers and a t-shirt so I don't really think so but whatever.

I smooth my hair down a bit and open the door with a smile.

My smile drops a little and freezes mid drop.

"Oh, um hi, " I say with a low tone.

"Hi"

"I wasn't expecting you, " I say my brain still trying to catch up with what's going on.

This caught me completely unprepared.

"Well, you should've really. We did agree for 5 o'clock didn't we?"

Holy shit!

"Can I come in?"

I move to the side to let her come in, her shoulder brushing mine as she does. She stops in the middle of the hall and gives me a small smile.

She's the potential buyer!

What the fuck!?

A/N

Hey guys, I hope you're all doing great!

Only 3 chapters left including the epilogue! 😭

Any questions you have about the characters or me leave them here or private message them to me!

I'll make a Q&A soon!

Feel free to comment & vote! ❤️

I hope you have a nice day/night! xx

All the love - M ❤️