Chapter 14

After cleaning the apartment and tidying everything up, I cooked food and fill two glasses with white wine. My nerves are skyrocketing at just the thought of how this conversation is going to go. I sip my wine and look at the time on my phone, it's 2:14 pm, he should be here any minute now.

I don't know how I should start this conversation. Do I just spit it out? Do I walk around it for a bit? Do I ease him in? Will, he actually be willing to talk about this, or is he going to avoid this as well just like he avoids the talk about our sex life? So many questions swirling around in my mind.

I hear the sound of keys and the door opening and closing.

"Mia? I'm back babe!" He yells from the hallway.

"In the kitchen!" I yell back.

He walks into the kitchen and immediately comes over kissing me on the lips.

"How has my favourite girl in the world been without me?" He smirks and takes a sit.

"Mm, " I pretend to think about it.

"I've been good, didn't feel the difference, " I say laughing afterwards at his shocked expression.

"Damn babe no need to be so brutal, " he says while laughing as well.

"So, how are your parents? Did you have fun?" I ask him as we start eating.

"They're good! They miss you and said I should bring you soon to see them, for the fun part I guess I had as much fun as anyone else has when they're with their parents, " he chuckles.

"Aww, I miss them too especially your mum's cooking! We could go together one weekend and I can also see my parents, " I say sipping on my wine.

"Yeah we could do that or our uni is closing in 1 month for the Christmas holidays so maybe we can go then, you are spending holidays with your family, right?" He asks me.

"Yeah, I'll spend it with them and come back 4 of January because I have an exam on the 8th, " I say.

"I'll come back around those days too, my exam is on the 12th, " he says.

"Anyway, we have a month to decide what to do for Christmas but I want us to talk about something else now, " I can feel my palms getting clammy already.

He drops his utensils on his plate and looks at me with a frown, picking up his glass of wine.

"What is there to talk about?" he asks.

"I feel like we don't really do much together anymore, " I start speaking about one of the things that bother me.

"We used to have a date night every single week and we haven't had one in 4 months now, " I let out a heavy sigh and look at the wine in my glass.

"We see each other every day isn't that enough for you?" he rolls his eyes and plays with his hair.

I shake my head, he really doesn't see my point and on top of that, he sounds exhausted with the conversation already.

"No, it's not enough, " I say trying to sound as stern as possible.

I want him to see the problem. I want him to understand what I'm saying. What I want. I don't ask for a lot. Just one date night every month at least where we could do something together.

Am I sounding stupid?

He chuckles, he chuckles!

"Do you think this is a joke?" I ask him, my mouth agape.

I don't see where the funny thing is. I'm quite perplexed by his reaction.

"Babe, we live together, yeah?" He says leaning a bit forward, now resting both of his elbows on the table.