Chapter 23

Today's a lovely cold day, the last day of uni before the holidays. Today it is also my birthday, the 12 of December. Amazing, I roll my eyes. I don't really celebrate my birthday. I haven't heard anyone sing me happy birthday thankfully for 4 years now. I intend to keep it that way.

I say goodbye to my friends before exiting the building. I won't miss uni that's for sure!

Once I step my foot in the outside world a masculine hand takes hold of my upper arm, yanking me to the side of the building where it's more secluded.

Once they turn me around to face them I let out a sigh, of course! I roll my eyes.

"What was that Axel!"

He looks at me with one of the softest and widest smiles he ever plastered on his face.

"Happy Birthday!" he says shocking me.

I don't remember mentioning to him my birthday ever in the 1 year and a half almost that I know him.

"How did you know?" I ask him wrapping my arms around me trying to keep as much warmth as I can trap in my clothes.

"I bumped into Maya a couple of days ago here at uni and she let me know that today you were born, " he says chuckling.

"Great! I hope that's the only thing she said to you. Maya has the power to embarrass me with stories from when I was a baby, " I give him a small tight lip smile.

"Really? Damn! Remind me next time to ask her about them, " he smirks.

I shake my head trying to brush my smile off.

What an asshole!

"Don't you dare ask her about those stories! I'll bite your dick off, that's if you have one! I still haven't seen it, " I shove him playfully and point a finger at him.

He throws his head back exposing his adam apple, as he laughs out loud.

"Okay, I won't ask her. But if she tells me on her own my dick is safe from your teeth, deal?" he extends his hand towards me.

"Whatever, deal!" I shake his hand sealing the deal.

"So now onto more important things...I have a present for you. Well technically two presents but you'll have to wait till tomorrow for the other one, " he says reaching into his right side pocket and pulling out a medium-size navy blue cardboard box.

"You didn't have to, " I shake my head and grasp the box in my hand.

"Maybe, but I wanted to, " he smiles.

"Go on open it! If you don't like it, don't worry about hurting my feelings, just say so and we can go change it, " he says while shoving his hands deep down in his sweatpants.

I open the box and inhale at the sight of a gorgeous gold necklace that has a rose with wings on it.

"Axel this gorgeous! I hope you didn't pay a fortune for this, " I say feeling the gold rose between my fingers.

"Don't worry it's not real gold. I would be crying if it was! It's a decent metal though so it shouldn't go all rusty any time soon. It's not like those really cheap one's that last 2 days before turning your skin green, " he takes the necklace in his hand removing it from the box.

"Thank you!" I think my eyes are smiling as well at this point.

"You're welcome, may I?" he says pointing to the necklace.

"Oh yeah, thanks, " I brush my hair all over one shoulder and turning my back to him.

He places the necklace around my neck, above my polo neck top.

"A beautiful rose for a beautiful girl seems fit, " he whispers, pushing my hair back in its place.

"What about the wings on it?" I ask softly.

"That's because you're an angel both inside and out, " he says.

I turn around and smile at him suddenly remembering that he said tomorrow I'll have my second present.

"What is my other present?" I ask him clasping my hands together.

"That's for me to know and you to find out tomorrow! I can give you a hint if you want?" the smile not leaving his face.

"Yes please, " I say eagerly.

"It's somewhere you told me you wanted to go and try it out, " he says.

"Are we going to Spain?" I say eyes and mouth wide open, jaw on the floor.

"What no? Way too expensive and also I said you wanted to try it out, so it's an experience as well, " he says.

"Oh, I don't know, I can't think of anything, " I mumble.

"It's okay you'll find out tomorrow! And before you go asking me why not today, I thought you'll want to spend tonight with your boyfriend so I organise it for tomorrow, " he explains.

"Thank you! That's so thoughtful, " I say and decide to do something bold.

I take small slow steps towards him until the tip of my shoes is touching his and then I wrap my arms around his waist, laying my ear on his chest. He stiffens for a couple of seconds before slowly bringing one of his arms around my waist and the other hand on my neck, massaging it.

We stay like this for a couple of minutes before pulling away. I tuck my hair behind my ear, running my tongue over my lips trying to give them some type of moisture.

"So what time are you picking me up tomorrow?" I ask.

"10:00 pm, I'll text you once I'm there, " he says.

"Perfect, now sorry I got to go. I have a bus to catch is leaving in two, " I say.

"See you tomorrow Mia!"

"See you, " I quickly say before sprinting towards the bus station barely getting in before it started leaving.

Once I arrive home, candles were lit on going into the kitchen I see Carter there with the food that he orders for us. Red roses resting on the side of the table alongside a big bag.

"Happy birthday to my number one girl, " he says picking up and twirling us before kissing me long and hard.

"Thank you, " I say giggling.

I can't help but let a wide smile take place on my face.

Sitting down we eat and talk and share a few laughs, discuss what we're doing for the holidays. I'll spend Christmas with my family while he with his and then new year's eve we'll spend it together with both our families. Turns out my mum already plan this.

Carter bought me a nude kinda sandy colour sweatshirt with a black minimalistic graphic design on the back. I love it! He knows I wear a lot of sweatshirts especially when it's cold.

"Thank you, I love it!" I say to him tossing it in the bag before going around the table giving him a long kiss that quickly escalates into something else. He grabs me bridal style and carries me to the bedroom before placing me gently on it. He starts to undress me but I remember something so I gently push him away just enough to see his face.

"Did you buy condoms?" I ask him hoping that he did or else we're not doing it.

He removes himself from me before going to the bedside table opening it and getting out two condoms. Waving them in my face, I giggle and bring him down to me.

I'll spear you the details don't worry.

A/N

Hey guys how are you? I hope you're all doing good!

The next chapter is coming out tonight!

What do you think is the surprise going to be?

Feel free to comment & vote! ❤️

Hope you all have a nice day! Xx