24. His Past and His Present

Feng Delun had always been the astounding person ever since he was a child. He excels in many aspects; swordfighting, martial arts, literature, debates, and maths. Before when their parents were still alive, Delun received too many praises from them, including his only older brother Qing Yuan. In the class, he is always number one, even the Crown Prince looked up to him.

Of course, Feng Delun is kind. And like any other kids, he too had his own group of friends. They are Qin Wang Yong, Chen Chang Bao, and Wei Haoxuan. He treated them like brothers, always helping them when they are in need of help. Even though he was a little stoic sometimes but as their friends, the three knows what's his true self. But among the circle of friends, there is a person whom was really close to. Among the three, the one he trusted the most is Wei Haoxuan.

Wei Haoxuan is the son of the Grand Herald. Like him, Wei Haoxuan is also intelligent and open-minded person. His free-spirited nature makes him really inscrutable. Howbeit his selfless attitude makes him admirable, and that is how he was in loved with him.

Wei Haoxuan is too beautiful for a man. His body is not as good as them. But still, he can outdo other people with martial arts. Despite its appearance, he was strong enough to beat people, but not as strong as the three. However, his trustable nature made Delun close from him and it made Delun admired him.

One night, a group of bandits attacked their manor. There were so many of them that surrounded the manor. All of the people, excluding him and his older brother, died on the same night. Qing Yuan, despite being a twenty years old grown up, cried with his  fifteen years old younger brother. Delun didn'r even know that he was crying. He just stood there, watching his parents' corpses, tongue tied. Qing Yuan hugged his younger brother away from the sight. Qing Yuan's anger rose up to his head and cried with hateful tears.

Ever since that night, Delun shut himself to the outside. His face was emotionless, and it doesn't have the slightest kindness that he has before. His brother takes up his father's position in such a young age, and being the youngest Prime Minister recorded in the state of Qin.

Chang Bao always reached up to him, telling him that they were at his side always. But Delun still chose to throw him away. Wei Haoxuan and Wang Yong were worried. No matter how he will become a different person, he was still their friend.

Chang Bao had thought to himself that he was Delun's closest friend. He believed that one day, he swore that Delun will open his heart to them again. He didn't lose hope, even if the two were distant from Delun, Chang Bao remained by his side.

Until one day, Wang Yong had announced that he and Wei Haoxuan were engaged and Wei Haoxuan was the first male crown princess in the state of Qin.

Delun was devastated. He thought that it was only a rumor and he decided to go to the palace to confirm it. He hoped that the rumors were wrong, but no. He saw Haoxuan and Wang Yong intimately hugged to each other, and smiled to each other. Their eyes could tell that they were in love.

In his sight, it was hateful. He was angry. He was angry at the Crown Prince for stealing his love from from him. He wanted him to die. He could not believe that Haoxuan and the Crown Prince were in love, and it made him feel betrayed.

He was blinded by greed.

One faithful night when Chang Bao had sneaked out to the royal kitchen. However, as he was about to go in, he saw Delun in the kitchen so he wanted to surprise him. As Chang Bao sneak a peek, he noticed Delun's agitation and as if he was guarding if anyone has seen him. He then poured something on the teacup which makes Chang Bao wrinkle his eyebrows.

'What is he planning to do?' Chang Bao thought as he peeked on the outside. After Delun poured the liquid in the bottle then he hid it on his sleeve.

'No. Delun. Are you really...'