52. Poisoned

"What's happening?! His condition isn't normal!" Li Jie yelled as he checked Li Wei's pulse.

The pulse was languid, and the body was getting colder. Li Jie panicked as Hui Hua and Jiang Hua checked the cause of Li Wei's weakened state.

"He's poisoned." Jiang Hua said as his eyes narrowed in fright. Hui Hua prepared all the tools and medicines needed for the cure and Li Jie helped checking Li Wei's condition. As much as he felt frantic about it, he remained calm and set away his chaotic mind.

Li Jie checked Li Wei's pale and wrinkled lips down to his wrist. Commonly for people who were victimized with poison had erratic breaths at first and slowly getting dilated. But from Li Wei's case, it was barely noticeable and if he didn't realized that something was wrong, Li Wei may be dead by now.

The poison slowly seeped through his body because Li Wei was unconscious and the symptoms were unnoticeable. It slowly ruining his body inside.

Yes, that was the best case.

"Brother, get me a syringe. I'll check Li Wei's blood and investigate the cause of the poison." Li Jie said seriously as he put a warm cloth above Li Wei's forehead. Hui Hua performed the acupuncture points to let the blood circulate better.

"What is syringe?" Jiang Hua asked confusingly.

'Damn! We don't have syringe in this era yet!' Li Jie almost stumbled on the floor as he realized his sudden words he said to his brother.

"Uh, help me get needles to get Li Wei's blood." Li Jie said nervously as Jiang Hua raised his brows. But, he followed his brother's words and gave the sterilized needle to him.

Li Jie took some drops of blood from the patient and immediately examined it.

As he checked upon it, he was surprised when he diagnosed the wolfsbane poison from Li Wei's blood.

"This is impossible. Wolfsbane poison takes up to two to six hours before it can kill a person. Or, he got a scratch from a weapon containing a wolfsbane poison?" Li Jie pondered as he looked at the infected blood that seemed to darken because of the poison.

"No, I found a fresh wound from his blind spot. The wound isn't that deep, but the poison is lethal. It's just a scratch, but it's enough to seep the poison in him." Jiang Hua said with seriousness and touched the wound from his gloved hand.

"You mean, someone infiltrated here?" Hui Hua asked as he set the tools in order.

"Yes, it seems like that. But let's worry for that later. We need this kid to survive." Li Jie said as he prepared the medicine quickly.

Hui Hua was stunned upon Li Jie's knowledge about the medical field. Howbeit knowing that his brother was a doctor, he finally got it where Li Jie's knowledge came from.

But he didn't know that Li Jie knew all of these knowledge fro his previous life when he was a criminal.

"Is there a cure?" Jiang Hua asked worryingly when Li Jie paused.

"There is no cure." Li Jie said coldly as he clenched his fist. Wolfsbane poison was lethal and commonly used for hunting. However, there was no antidote for that poison.

"What are we going to do now?" Jiang Hua clenched his fist tightly. He believed that he could cure any poison. But wolfsbane, this poison was too fatal that a tiny droplet with a size of sesame seed from this poison could kill a person.

"It only seeped from the scratch and it was not that many."

"But..."

"As long as the patient still alive, I will not give up." Jiang Hua sighed as he saw his little brother's enthusiasm.