55. Can I Pursue You Again?

Li Jie accepted the fact about Li Wei's condition. He didn’t know when will the poison kill every cells in Li Wei's body. However, as long as there is hope, he said to himself that he'll definitely find a way. It's a regret that he didn’t encountered this type of poison in his previous life, he may have find a way if that occurred. Right now, Li Jie suppressed the poison through his new invented medicine. Although it couldn’t kill the poison, it could still help Li Wei prolong his life. 

Li Wei was deeply gratified by his master. Although his master looks weird, sometimes he speak words he couldn’t understand, sometimes he's a bit paranoid, but his master could see the way he cares about the people he loves. Maybe, that’s why…

Jiao-long likes him. He's not blind. He knows that the person he likes was in love with his master. Every time, he saw Jiao-long looks at his master, it was as if Li Jie was the only person existed in Jiao-long's eyes. He couldn’t help but to get jealous because of that. But, Li Wei never hated his master by such stupid things. He know that his master loved his own husband, although he hates that man a bit in behalf of his master.  

He really have one wish. Apart from the happiness from his master, he wants to be a part of his loved one's life.

 He wanted to be with that person before he leave.

“Master? It's been a while since I saw you and the General sticky to each other. Did you two had a quarrel?” Li Wei asked as he munched the loquats Li Jie gave him. Li Jie, who was avoiding Delun these past few days let out a light cough and said, “No, we’re just busy. That’s all.”

Li Jie kept lowering his head, pretending he was examining Li Wei's blood from his wooden petri dish and suddenly quieted. 

“Really? But, master you have been avoiding him. Is there something wrong?” Li Jie sighed and slumped himself on the edge of the bed, looking at his frail disciple/servant. His mind were occupied by thoughts in which he never wanted to think. But, he couldn’t help it. 

“Nothing. You know that our marriage aren’t temporary right? I'm afraid, if I showed up to him, will he divorce me just like what we have planned a long time ago?” 

Li Wei stared at his master in disbelief and almost blurted out an ‘idiot' as he said exasperatedly, “You both love each other. Why would you have to do such a thing? You both confessed right?” Li Wei rolled his eyes in a sassy way and munched his loquats. At this time, Li Jie thought about the same thing and his eyes lit up in excitement. 

“Delun loves me! Of course he couldn’t bear to leave me! I'm such a fool!” Li Jie exclaimed and giggled, cupping his red cheeks. 

“Haha.” ‘Good that you know.’ Li Wei ridiculed his master deep within his heart. 

Li Jie was deeply comforted by his disciple/servant without knowing that Li Wei ridiculed him for being stupid. 

.

.

.

.

The General was responsible for beheading the criminal of the Empire after extracting some news about why he wanted destroy the Royal Palace. Although he didn’t said the whole thing why, but the people who worked under Minister Liu exposed him in fear of death. The people who worked under him were now slaves in the border. They knew that their lives would not be that easy anymore but they would do anything as long as they remained alive.

They exposed the Minister from the spot and couldn’t find a way to back out. They even involved his deep secrets. 

Who would’ve known that Minister Liu didn’t love his wife all along, and all this time he lived deceiving people around him. Minister Liu only married his wife for the sake of having an heir. But, his wife didn’t gave birth to a son but to a daughter instead. Liu Ming despaired, hoping that the second time they will have a son. To his disappointment, his wife couldn’t give birth anymore.