44. Going In The Palace

The galloping horses trampled the sandy road, horses neighed under the broad daylight. Delun and Li Jie rode on the same white stallion, followed by Lim Hao at the back riding his black stallion. Min Zhe guarded the wounded Li Wei in the infirmary so he couldn't come with them. Hui Hua treated his patient with care and security together with the fourth positioned guard sighing frequently. Hui Hua scrunched his nose and turned himself to Min Zhe.

"Can you just help me treat this child's wounds than sighing in the corner like an old man?" Hui Hua asked sternly as Min Zhe looked at him disdainfully.

"You're a doctor. You treat him."

"You're a heartless bastard! Don't you care that he might die? I only had two hands and feet! You think I'm an octopus!? I don't have eight tentacles! If he dies, you're brother might hate you for life! You don't care at all! Young Madame might hate you! Hey!"

"Shut it! I got it okay!? Geez, you're so noisy!" Min Zhe shouted at the nagging doctor and huffed angrily.

"Wait here! I'm going to get my brother Jiang."

His brother Jiang Hua was an excellent doctor. He might be a great help for them to treat Li Wei's wounds. He rode on the black horse and rushed to his brother's clinic. He just hope that his brother didn't go anywhere to avoid complications.
.
.
.
.

The trio arrived at the palace for 2 hours and the bumpy journey made Li Jie's bum cramped. He his waist ache and silently endured it for hours. He finally sighed in relief as they arrived in the palace.

The palace was full of soldiers, indicating that the troupes that were assigned in the border were safely returned to the Shaanxi palace. 

Delun carefully held his wife's waist and put him down gently, while Lim Hao on the back felt like vomiting upon witnessing such scene. Instead, he treated the two as if they were dogs spreading love in public. He merely wished he could knocked the General's head for his shamelessness.

As they went through, the guards were in positions and dare not to move. Jiao-long, who didn't asked for the General's permission to leave bowed his head and sighed hoping that the General won't kill him.

'This is for the safety of the Young Madame. Young Madame is more important than him.' He thought as he avoided the General's encounter. However, he didn't expect that he would see the Young Madame in the palace. He was happy about it, but seeing the General beside him made him felt sour. His smile gradually faded and looked away, but the General eyed him and made contact with each other. Jiao-long was startled and inwardly scoffed, he bowed his head slightly as a way of giving respect to him.

Delun furrowed his brows when he saw that guard smiling at his wife. He immediately got cautious and pulled Li Jie beside him. As the two made contact, Delun could see that Jiao-long was startled and slightly bowed his head as if his disappearance didn't mean anything to him at all. He didn't even bother to tell Delun about it.

Li jie, who was unaware of Delun's thoughts, looked at him and asked, "Is there something wrong?"

Delun answered and held his hand, "Nothing, I'm just happy being with you."

Delun smiled, Li Jie could feel his heart beats faster every second as he saw Delun's smile.

Lim Hao, on the other hand, cleared his throat and spoke, "You two have no conscience! Look around you! They were terrified!"

Li Jie looked around and saw the stoned guards looking at them. Well, it's more like staring at Delun's smile. It felt like they saw something horror as they stared at him. The guards quickly recovered their thoughts and looked away when they saw Delun throwing deathly glares at them.