40. Sullky Wife

The very next morning, the sulky wife puffed his cheeks, ignoring his dumb husband. Last night, Li Jie tried his best to distract his husband with his seductive beauty, pretended to be asleep and was assuming that his husband would ravage his little body. Who knows that his husband got asleep as soon as he went to bed? He only got a peck in the forehead. Li Jie felt the essence of bittersweet throughout the night.

He admitted that he felt an itch within his heart but was left unsatisfied. However, he thought to himself. Why was he in such a hurry? Delun respected him as his wife and the love of his life, but Delun doesn't know how Li Jie treated him yet. Delun doesn't know Li Jie's feelings towards him. It would be bad if Delun didn't get it permission if he proceed successfully last night. If he were Delun, he would feel awful too. So, Li Jie thought that it's better to cultivate and clarify their relationship first.

Howbeit he couldn't help himself getting disappointed.

'I still have to work hard!' Li Jie comforted himself.

Although he couldn't help himself but to ignore him, so he chose to keep silent and try to forget what happened last night.

"Honey..." Delun muttered as he hugged his wife from behind. However, Li Jie didn't respond and was growing mushroom above his head.

"Did I do something wrong?" Delun's voice was like a gentle breeze in the morning, smooth and soothing. Li Jie's heart itched and gripped tightly at his hanfu.

'How should I tell him?'

'Bro! I love y... I love... Why is it so hard to confess?!'

"No-nothing." Li Jie blushed fiercely until his face grew fiery red. Li Jie wanted to announce the world that he liked him, however why is it that he was tongue-tied?

Is confessing this hard? Li Jie screamed in his thoughts.

Delun on the other hand, was aggrieved when he saw his wife's upsetting face. He was deeply scared that he might did something wrong that could make Li Jie leave. So, he hugged him tightly on the back and rested his chin on Li Jie's shoulders.

The more Delun acted like this, the more Li Jie's heart quickened his heart palpitation. Telling himself to calm down, but he couldn't do so. He loosened Delun's grip and turned himself to him. Delun's height was half head taller than him, making him looked upward to stare at Delun's deep, phoenix eyes.

Li Jie was in a daze as he stared at Delun's eyes. The amount of fire in his body increased and was blazing aflame. He lifted up his hand and circled his finger, only the index finger stayed uowards and poked Delun's left cheek. Delun was stunned when Li Jie acted this way towards him. Li Jie staring lovingly to him like this, does that mean that Li Jie has feelings for him too?

But he can't assume. If his assumption failed, wouldn't it be hurtful for him? And for Li Jie as well, he wants to honor him, and cherished his wife as if he was the most delicate treasure in the world. In other words, he deeply respected Li Jie as his only love in his life.

How could he took advantage of him this way? He couldn't do that, not now or never. All he wanted was for his wife to love him back, that's all.

As for Delun himself, he wanted to change. He admitted that he was a scum, self-centered, and a person wasn't worth to love for. But, for his love, he wanted to let go of his past and gave his all to his wife.

He loved Li Jie so much, but this marriage was a negotiation and not for real love. If possible, if fate ties them, he wanted to remarry Li Jie. This time, it was not for negotiation, but for the sake of love.

So, even just a little bit, he wanted Li Jie to see him as a man, as a person who genuinely love him to death and not the scum general he thought what Li Jie had imagined.