5. Catching The Stray Cat

The birds chirped happily and the morning sky mirrored a fantasy painting, Li Jie's brothers went on their job causing him to rot on the floor, he felt annoyed that he was not allowed to stroll around the area.

It's not my fault that this imp went lost. How can I even live my life in this state?!

"Why can't I even allowed to go outside? So boring as hell!" Li Jie wrinkled his brows as he rolled to the ground, like a salted fish. No one is present in their humble home, only Li Jie is inside.

Li Jie have never been experienced this boring before. Aside from no money, the salted fish had no job either. He would either rot in the house, or just sleep like a hibernating bear.

'How come this imp had no job? Is he really that weak?' Li Jie thought. If his life was the same as before, then there would be no boredom lurking inside his brain. However, a jobless man can't make him a bit happier. He is like a boss in the house waiting for the slaves to work hard for him to live. At least, that's what he thought.

"No. I can't let myself rot in here." Li Jie mumbled, as he scratched his scalp lightly. He rubbed his temples as his brows wrinkled. He doesn't have to work but he's too stressed.

"Maybe I should sleep first. I'll sort things out later." He suggested and went on his foot to his room. He was too busy thinking what job would he have to apply that he almost ripped his brain. In the end, he decided to be a doctor instead. At least he can help his brother Jiang Hua's sweat for his living. He would talk with his brother if he comes home from his job.

Li Jie throw his body to the bed and snuggled the soft pillow.

'I should change. I'm not a criminal anymore.' He thought.

Meanwhile on the General's manor, the atmosphere is not too good. Min Zhe wondered why, what happened here when he had his day off? He looked at the other guards as well. Why do they have black eyes and bruises on their faces? He sincerely approached Guard 1 and asked him.

"Guard 1, why is your face ruined?"

"Why are you not even there when that weird concubine ruined our faces?" Guard 1 retorted that confused Min Zhe.

"Well, I had a day off for two days. It's obvious that I'm not here. But come on! Care to tell me would you?" Min Zhe begged Guard 1 making the other sighed. Min Zhe had a naughty behavior and an expert thief. He would tell him or else he would steal something that made him lose face.

"Well, you know that two days ago when you had your day off, a new concubine has sent here in the palace."

"Oh I see. Go on I'm listening."

Guard 1 rolled his eyes as he continued to storytelling Min Zhe. Min Zhe listened carefully without blinking and he was quite amused of the runaway concubine Guard 1 has mentioned.

"Wow! She must have been a prodigy! She didn't even scared at the General at all!" Min Zhe exclaimed with awe from the brave concubine, not knowing it was his brother.

"Guard 4, you're mistaken. The concubine was a 'he'. He had a thing." Min Zhe was stunned. A boy? Now that's quite interesting.

"However..." Guard 1 paused, making the other listened curiously.

"The concubine is a beauty. A beauty you see?! He's a man though. But you know, he had a unique eyes and a formidable strength!"

Min Zhe squinted his eyes. Somehow, he felt that something's not quite right.

"W-what about his eyes?"

"Guard 4, you really did not know? Okay i'll tell you. His eyes were like two different colored orbs. It looks like blue sapphire on the left and forest green on the right. No one have ever seen such eyes before. Some say it was cursed and some say that it was beautiful. Oh well, I should have complimented him too, not until he gave me this panda eyes! He has no mercy!" Guard 1 whined while pointing his left index finger to his black eye.