34. Knowing His Past

Of course! I'm not a child in the first place!" Li Jie looked like a pufferfish, totally irritated that everyone mistook him as a child. He was only 165cm long but come to think of it, he really looked like a child when he was being circled by a bunch of titans.

To his brother, Li Jie was just like his baby.

"Right, right, you're grown up."

"You won't believe me!"

"No, no, I believe you." Big brother Chang coaxed his family's pufferfish and smiled.

"You, really love the General, but you never seemed to realize it." Chang said, Li Jie became a statue.

"W-what do you mean? Of course I like him!" Do I?

"I'm your brother. I know everything." Chang Bao said, his tone was calm and relaxing, but inside held the deepest sadness within.

"Back then when you two stayed in the house, I saw the reluctance hidden in you eyes. But at the same time, I'm not sure what you felt inside. Did he...force you to do it?"

After hearing this words, Li Jie felt uneasy and jittery. He would never expect that Chang Bao could see right through him, and it was inexplicably uncomfortable.

"What do you mean? I love Delun that's why I married him!" Li Jie lied, but upon hearing his answer, he felt that the half was the truth, and it made him feel confused.

"If that's the case, then it's good. I will never forgive him if he really did that to you."

'Well, he did forced me before.' But he didn't say it and shouted it only in his heart in case his brother will surely kill him in the spot.

"However, Delun seems happier when he's with you. And you're happier when you're with him too. I have no right to interfere from your happiness. It's good. I've never seen the General this happy before, not even with..." He then stopped when he realized that he shouldn't mention that past. How careless could he be? Chang thought. If he knew the past, he was sure that his brother will be upset.

"With? With whom?" Li Jie said as he looked at his brother. It felt like his heart panicked when Chang blurted out those words. Who is that person? Did that person loved Delun before? Did Delun fell in love with that person? It was like his mind was possessed and his brain malfunctioned.

Chang Bao panicked upon seeing his brother's ashen face. However, they were husband and wife. Did Delun didn't mention it before?

"It's nothing!" Chang Bao sweat dropped, facing his brother's anxious appearance. He felt really stupid, what should he do once his brother started crying.

"Da ge, please tell me. Promise I won't tell him." Li Jie said, a hint of anxiety rang his throat. Chang Bao scrunched his nose and looked at Li Jie guiltily.

"Alright. But, promise me to calm down okay?"

"Promise."

And so with that, Chang narrated the story about their friendship with Delun, the Emperor and the Empress.

"We four always hang out with each other. Playing pranks, just like those normal teenagers. However, Delun, he was distant against us. That's why, I started to get closer with him and I found out that, Delun was normal behaved like that.

Delun doesn't say too much words, but his actions were honest and true. That's why, he was like a brother to me." Chang said, Li Jie listened out of curiosity about his brother's childhood. He never imagined that they were close with Delun before, as well as the current Emperor and Empress.