42. Cornered

The pavilion was serene and the atmosphere was idyllic. The colorful flowers swayed in place as the wind brushed onto the soft petals and sturdy stems of the plants. The trio had their time blissfully and even spending time eating whatever is on the table. Min Zhe often ate tasteless soup and buns since he didn't know how to cook and always a spendthrift person when managing his money. So, served with snacks and sweets like this felt like heaven. Since his brother was concerned about his weight, it would be a waste if these sweets wouldn't be eaten. Hence, he enjoyed eating the sweets and thought that this will only happen once. He must take his time devouring it all.

"Brother, are you a vacuum cleaner? Slow down or you'll choke to death!"

"Vacuum cleaner? What's that?" Just as Li Jie realized what he just said, his body felt like being poured by iced water. Min Zhe who was eating, and Li Wei who still stand sturdy by his side had question marks above their heads. Li Jie laughed dryly and said: "Oh, did I just said something? Cough... Nothing, nothing at all."

Min Zhe was getting suspicious towards his brother. Li Wei also thought that his master was spouting nonsense again. Both raised their brows and sighed.

Since the two didn't get what this little dwarf was saying, so they did what Li Jie told them to do.

However, the air was humid and the queasy feeling they had disturbed them to the core. Li Jie knew that the pendant he found that day was so important from those archenemies who plotted evil for who knows who. If not, then that man who spied Li Jie that day would be damned if he caught him. That man is skilled. Just observing that man's swift moves as he successfully escaped Li Jie knew, that man was a warrior.

He was thinking, just what is with that pendant? It seems the person who hid this thing as if it was his precious jewel that he hid it to the trickiest part of the room. If he wasn't unlucky enough, he couldn't find the pendant at all.

Speaking of unlucky, he really is. That thing could shaken the whole Qin Empire. Of course, that will happen later.

For now, the three halted their moods a bit and pretended that they didn't noticed. Min Zhe prepared to unsheathe his sword if any person will ambush him. Li Jie touched the hem of his robe, making sure that the dagger is readily prepared and patiently waiting for the attack. Li Wei did the same. He made sure that the dagger was there and he touched the hairpin equipped on his head. Inside that hairpin was a long poison needle and could kill a person within 30 seconds if it was pierced in the skin. Because Li Wei helped Li Jie with his new hobby, he was gifted by a precious tool. That is the poison needle that Li Jie made.

The three expanded their senses, and could noticed that almost 40-50 skilled hired martial artist surrounded them in the dark which makes Min Zhe scared. For him, this is nothing than a cockroach but his brother was with his side. This meek brother will be hurt if he stay here, but he couldn't let his guard down or he'll be hurt for real. Not knowing that this cunning artist is gruesome than him.

"I don't like the weather today." Li Jie pretending to to be an innocent sheep so that he'll never be caught in action. Li Wei, who already knew everything, kept silent and was prepared to protect his master.

"Is it? Well, indeed you're correct." Min Zhe said as if he didn't noticed the cockroaches hiding around the cupboard.

Li Jie counted inside his head.

"One, two, three... Bang!" The arrow rained like raindrops in the air poured in the pavilion and the three successfully avoided the attack.

"Dammit!" Countless assassins attacked the manor, but because some of the general's men were being sent in the border, only few remained into the place. Min Zhe's heart beats fast, unsheathed his sword and skillfully slashed the enemies down. The sound of the clang of swords echoed in the battleground, Min Zhe shifted his eyes on his back where his brother was and he was deeply shocked about what he just saw.