53. The Spy

Inside the Empress' bedroom, Empress Wei looked at the scrolls in behalf of his husband. Because of the conflict involving the palace, Emperor Wang Yong's duty was being doubled due to the citizen's problems near the border and the Minister's case. He could tell that this month was a hell of a mess, the scrolls needed to be sealed and signed piled up every single week. Empress Wei sighed as his brain almost bleed on how many these political documents he had to complete.

Just as he was about to fixate his attention to the next scroll, the guard outside yelled, “Young Madame Feng wishes to see Your Highness, the Empress.”

Empress Wei stopped the paintbrush midair and stared towards the door. Empress Wei pondered, what had happened this time?

“Let the Young Madame come in.”

The guard opened the door and the slim, petite figure walked in. If not for the Empress discovered how Li Jie sneaked in that night, he believed that he would be fooled by his rabbit-like appearance. Li Jie walked inside the bedroom and didn't forget to kowtow. Empress Wei sighed, he had clearly said before that they should not act that formal but as expected as the wife of a General, they matched so well. Empress Wei nodded and said smilingly, “Rise.”

Li Jie's beautiful and milky face faced at the Empress. His heterochromia eyes flickered at the Empress' beautiful face and inwardly felt sour. However, he soon cheered himself that his beauty was not that inferior to him and sighed in relief. In fact, Li Jie always sees himself prettier than the Empress. Yes, he acknowledged himself as pretty now. Before, he disliked his face because he was not manly, but his opinions changed for the sake of love. And he knows, he knows that he finally captured his husband’s heart.

Not boasting, but it’s true. Even the author couldn’t refute, she was writing this story full of sour bubbles in her heart.

“Your Highness the Empress, this humble one wanted to report that someone from outside this manor had managed to find his way inside and injured my servant.” Li Jie said with a clear pained voice. Empress Wei enraged and clenched his fist.

“This slowly peasant dared to enter my manor?! So brave eh? Tell me, is Young Madame Feng's servant alright? Empress Wei asked calmly but his face clearly shown deep anger and irritation.

“This humble one answers to Your Highness, my servant…was fighting for his life.” Li Jie frowned and clenched his fist angrily. He was so infuriated that he wanted to kill a certain cockroach. Empress Wei frowned and asked, “What's his condition?”

“He was poisoned by Wolfsbane, Your Highness.” Li Jie said, his mood complicated. He knew that there was no cure for this poison, and for the first time after his death had he ever felt that the situation was untreatable. He could stitch, sew, cure diseases and poison, but in Wolfsbane’s case, it was different. This has no cure, and he hadn’t encountered such case before. So, he was naturally helpless.

Empress Wei's eyes darkened and gritted his teeth, “This matter shouldn’t be delayed, let General Feng find that traitor and bring him to me.” The plan that His Majesty was about to happen, he couldn’t let his husband and his people’s sweat ended up for nothing.

‘I'm sure my husband reacted by this matter too early though.” But Li Jie didn’t spill his thoughts and nodded at the Empress. He bowed one last time and walked out.

“This stinky people! My head's already a mess and not only that runt gave me a headache but almost got me killed by exhaustion! I'll stew that peasant’s head or I’m going to burst!”
.
.
.
.
Inside the servants' household, all servants were being knelt down on the floor by the General. The guards surrounded them and the servants were shaking in fear. Feng Delun shifted his gaze to the kneeling servants and frowned coldly.