45. One Comes At A Price

After the discussion that night, Delun was told that Li Jie's family would sleep in the Wei manor until the problem was over. The Emperor wanted to protest but seeing that his Empress would obey his father, he had no choice but to follow. 

Early morning, Lim Hao who guarded Li Jie felt there's something off with him after the ambush happened. Although Li Jie managed to disguise his feelings in front of Delun, but he was really scary when Delun wasn't around. His aura seemed darker and heavier, Lim Hao gulped in fear that his throat felt dry. 

"Young Madame, is there something wrong?" Lim Hao asked with concern. Li Jie looked at him with solemn gaze and smiled, "Nothing, my head hurts." 

'Oh, so that's why.' 

"Don't worry Young Madame, I'll inform Empress Wei that you need to be checked by their physician." 

"No worries! It'll be gone in a few minutes." He reassured Lim Hao about it and fell into a daze. Lim Hao sighed and slumped back from his seat inside the carriage. They were ready to leave the palace and as what His Majesty told them, they will be going to the Wei manor to spend their nights temporarily. 

"Delun's not coming with us?" Li Jie asked, Lim Hao smiled and said, "He'll be busy fixing this problem, so he'll not come with us for a while. Don't worry, after he problem's over, he promised that you two will come home." 

Li Jie smiled and looked out the window. His solemn and gentle gaze turned into a malicious one. His eyes were cold and vast, he really wanted to murder someone. 

Lim Hao couldn't see Li Jie's expressions for he was facing outside, so he remained quiet and guarded Li Jie in alert. 

.

.

.

.

Tu Fai, who was working in the armory with a blank face sighed as he heard that the Feng manor was ambushed by assassins. For heaven's sake, his brother was in there. He couldn't help but to worry. However, he only felt relieved when he recalled that Li Jie's husband was a general. He could protect him anytime. But still, he couldn't get rid of the worries he had in his heart especially from his husband. Tu Fai still hated Delun for stealing their youngest from their family. If he could roast the General in the hot stove, he could've done it a long time ago. 

However, as he was forging a sword, some of his colleagues shouted his name with excitement and confusion.

'What the hell happened to them?'

"Sire! Someone came here from the royal palace to see you!" One of his colleagues said. Tu Fai stood up, panicking and pondering why he was being called in the palace. His brows wrinkled in surprise and he nervous by it.

.

.

.

.

Jin Ping, who was cold and aloof was reading and writing poetry from his workshop. 

"Young master! Young Master!" One of the things he hated was being interrupted in the middle of his work, he stared coldly from the man who called him. The man flinched and his body shook scantly. He said, "Someone from the royal palace came here to see you." 

Jin Ping widened his eyes in surprise. Why was he being called all of the sudden? Is there something wrong with his brother? Is he hurt? Or did he do something wrong? 

His mind was in shambles but his face remained cold and stoic. So, it's obvious than no one knew what he was thinking. 

"Why am I being called?"