11. The Mighty Guard, Jiao-long

After the ambush of the banquet, Liu Ming was traumatized by the incident that made him restless. He was agitatedly frightened that he can't swallow a single grain of rice.

"Where the heck are those bandits?! Why can't they just finish their jobs?!" Liu Ming felt like he was about to explode. Not just because he was nearly killed, but the bandits he hired disappeared into the thin air. Liu Ming was frustrated, he was shaking from fear from his chair. He grasped the handle of the chair and stared at the kneeling servant in front of his sight.

"Reporting to the master, the bandits...ran away." After the servant answered, the minister was beyond furious and threw all the things that have met his hand. He felt like he was being cornered, considering that the Chief Censor of the Qin Dynasty held a doubt from his existence. He couldn't help but to clenched his fist, so to let the matter not aroused, he thought that he will send his true daughter to the General's household for marriage. Not because he wanted to, but he felt like he was about to fall from the cliff and of course, he will naturally die.

"Bring my daughter here." The minister ordered, thus the terrified servant immediately nodded and went out of the office. He was scared to his wits. The servant was about to rushed off when another servant dashed into his office. The servant's face seemed to look twisted, confused and nervous painted his face.

"Master, the General declared to refuse all the appointments regarding the acquiescence of concubine for he found one already. The news spread into the capital of Xianyang this morning."

"What?!" The minister enraged upon hearing such news. He was beyond furious that he laughed crazily as if he had a brain defect. His schemes failed again. Frankly speaking, he was so desperate about money and higher position which he didn't give a damn about the people all around him. So, hearing the news the servant brought, an overrated anger reached out to his head and to all his senses. At least, he believed that the General found out about his schemes and the Chief Censor was laughing behind his back. Unbeknownst to him that the General found out his brain all along since the beginning, and Chen Guang was only waiting for an opportunity when the other party was ready to strike him down. In short words, he was just like a stupid egg.

Now that he was going to fall soon, he raged to his office and got his servants beaten. Until they were covered with bruises when he finally calmed down. He sat down from his sedan chair and lifted his palm as it supported his head. The situation is a mess, and he feels afraid and furious. He kept thinking for a way to avoid the consequences, yet his mind retarded.

In the Chen household, Li Jie kept squirming to his bed again. His brother doesn't believe he was fine so he was 'imprisoned' in the house. He kept persuading him since last night, but Jiang Hua pretended he doesn't hear him. That made Li Jie puffed his cheeks as he looked at his brother who was always beside him doing an hourly check up. As their gazes met, Jiang Hua quickly avoided it and scolded himself.

'Although you looked pitiful and cute at the same time, I won't buy it!'

"Brother Jiang! I'm not sick!" Li Jie glared resentfully at his brother, but that only made him even cuter in his brother's eyes, acting tough in front of him had no effect. In Jiang Hua's perspective, he was just like an angry squirrel.

Well, who sent him into this body anyway? Don't blame me! I'm just a rotten but a beautiful author!

If he read my mind he'll surely vomit so it's better not to tell him. Don't ever tell him everyone!

"Shush! Be quiet or you'll not going with me tomorrow." Jiang Hua raised his left brow and crossed his arms. Right now, he looks like an evil stepmother and the other one...looks like a spoiled brat.