36. Crimson Beetle: Chen Guang's Agony

On that night, Jiao-long issued the Crimson Beetle organization to march their feet onto the chaotic desert of the western border. Chen Guang was dressed in his former uniform, sighed as he stared in front of the mirror. He picked up his sword, with the color of ebony painted the walls of his scabbard. The handle was crafted with the shape of the crimson beetle in the center, surrounded with two dragons on the side. After such a stare of his sword, he frowned and sighed with indignation. So many years have passed yet his memory still intact inside his head.

Crimson beetle was long gone since the death of the former general. Feng Wenyan, Feng Weiyuan's younger brother, which is Feng Delun's father, rose up as an outstanding General of the Qin Empire. Because of the Crimson Beetle, the military's strength remained the strongest in the entire Empire.

Crimson beetle was the military's secret agents that only the former Emperor, and the Feng elders knew about this. Of course, the captain of this organization was none other than Feng Wenyan. All of their swords had the mark of the crimson beetle, crafted with a fine red jewel and was represented with two dragons beside it.

The Feng family and the former Emperor were such good terms. The ties were inseparable, so the two families trusted each other and never suffer such blows.

Chen Guang was the former general's right-hand subordinate. He was also the trusted man of Feng Wenyan. Chen Giant grew up as a disciple in the Fengs. Without a family, he was an orphan who was picked up by Feng Huang, the father of the two brothers and also the Prime Minister on the time of the former late Emperor. When he arrives the ripe time of age to get married, he married the ordinary girl whom he mutually loved from childhood until now. His time being a soldier had come to an end and decided to lived ordinarily with his wife.

Years passed and they bore five sons. The family was harmonious, they even had another child inside his wife's belly. Chen Guang couldn't get any happier than that. He was beyond ecstatic.

But, it all come into an end when that day came.

As the Empire's trusted soldier, be was rewarded with the position of the Chief Censor. Reminiscing that time, he sneered. If he knew what would happen to his life that time, he should have rather plowing in the fields and farming beside the river with his children. He never would have thought that his life turned into shreds and suffered because of his oblivion.

His life soared a little, but he never thought that his family shattered because of that woman.

He betrayed his wife, he left his sons, he let his sons experienced such harsh conditions, amd forcefully married by a psychotic woman that made his wife go crazy.

And lastly, he let the newborn baby separated by his mother. When he heard that his wife died, Chen Guang's world had turned monotonous. His world was shattered. His life being twisted by agony. His heart had been splintered by shards of glass. Just because of that woman.

Wei Bai, Wei Haoxuan's distant aunt and Chen Guang's second wife cried with regret. He loved Chen Guang so much to the point that he will kill someone for him. He threatened Chen Guang that if he refused marrying her, his family will be eradicated in front of his face. His family will be humiliated in front of the Palace.

What could he, a minor family do? As much as he wanted to rely on the Fengs, he felt the burden on his shoulders. He had five kids and his wife was pregnant. He couldn't accept that his family will be killed and humiliated. And that matter, he agreed marrying Wei Bai.

Every night he cried, yearning for his family, his wife, his sons. He heard that his wife went mad. The family suffered that they almost couldn't eat a single grain of rice. His wife didn't accept his money, nor she accepted his gifts to her. She was drowned with hatred and grief. She almost got miscarriage. Fortunately, he was saved by Jiang Hua who was apprenticing as a doctor.