33. Bittersweet

Knowing that Delun visited the palace for the first time in his accord, his old friends, Empress Haoxuan and Emperor Yong waited for him outside. At the same time, they also looked at the royal guard behind them. They pondered, from their circle of friends, Chang Bao and Delun were the closest ones amongst them. Chang Bao always took the initiative to speak to their stoic friend and also thought that they were like brothers.

However, why did it change in a blink of an eye? Did something happened to them? If Chang Bao really got mad because of the wedding, he should've forgiven Delun a long time ago. But, the way he treated Delun was off to what they have assumed.

And as his friend, they really wanted to know.

The two looked at Chang Bao as Chang Bao averted their gaze.

How should he tell them two? He really can't. In his mind, Delun was a traitor that he could not forgive no matter how hard he tried to persuade himself.

Should he tell them, that Delun wanted to poison the Emperor just because of his Empress? For him, Delun was like a tumor in his life. After he married his younger brother, he resented him more. They promised themselves not to cross each other's paths again. And here he was, he made his brother fall in love with him.

But as Li Jie's da ge, he could only wished for his brother's happiness. Even though it was against his will, he can't budge and can only say yes to them.

Emperor Wang tried to persuade Chang Bao, even telling their past experiences in childhood. But, it could only bring back the bitter times when Delun failed him completely. It makes him sick to mention his name. If only Li Jie didn't love him, the present should be fine. However, not only did they crossed paths, they met as in-laws.

He was furious.

"Chang..."

"Your Highnesses, no matter what you say, I still couldn't think of him as a friend anymore." He said coldly and looked at the Emperor and Empress' furrowed brows.

"Why is that?"

"This servant can't tell you. Sorry Your Highnesses."

"Why are you so formal today? I'm not used to it." Empress Haoxuan retorted, a smile shone brightly to his dainty and beautiful face. Chang Bao pursed his lips and didn't say anything. Empress Haoxuan and Emperor Yong sighed shook their heads helplessly.

Chang Bao thought, 'If only you all knew."

"The General and his wife has arrived!" The sound of the galloping horse and the roughness of the road echoed as the wheel rolled the way, the three turned their heads to where the carriage halted.

Delun walked out first and stretched out his hand to reach his wife. However, the cunning and tricky man wanted to eat his wife's tofu. As he held Li Jie's hand, he immediately snaked his hand to his waist, pulling his wife to his arms.

The scene was full of pink bubbles, and even ants have diabetes itself. The Emperor and Empress couldn't believe their eyes. Is this their aloof and cold General? The one that the military had been always feared?

The General was smiling while his wife was puffing his cheeks, while his face colored a deep tinted red on his cheeks down to his necks. The wife had an eye patch on his eyes but one could tell how much more beautiful he is.

"Delun." The Emperor said smilingly. Empress Haoxuan also smiled happily. Delun looked at Empress Haoxuan and Emperor Yong. And he deeply smiled. It seems like, he really did forget his feelings for Haoxuan and accepted himself that he was in love with his wife.

The two were stunned seeing Delun smiled. One would think that he was possessed. The two then pondered, Delun was really in love with his wife.

"This humble one respects Your Highnesses." Delun bowed and Li Jie copied Delun's actions. Li Jie then thought that he really need to learn etiquettes. He may embarrass himself if he hadn't learn yet.