43. The Key Of The Sacred Treasury

After the battle subsided, winning side was on the General's side, the traitors were captured and some escaped; afraid of losing their lives. The peaceful and beautiful manor was now covered with blood and stench. The supposed clean ground were now full of weapons and bodies, polluting the flowers near it. The pond near the pavilion was partially crimson, lotus flowers stained with dirty blood. General Feng of Qin stood in the middle of the battleground, red liquid dripped from the blade of his sword.

He freaked out when Li Jie almost got killed if he didn't arrived in time. His breath almost stopped, hitched thinking such scenario.

As ruthless as he was, he showed no mercy towards the enemies. Majority of them were killed and some escaped. 10 of them were held captive and was detained in the prison. The General sighed in relief and went to see his wife in the infirmary.
.
.
.
.
Inside the infirmary, Hui Hua treated Li Wei's wounds with utmost care. Li Jie was sitting by the side of the bed, holding Li Wei's hand.

His hands were cold, and the warmth coming from Li Jie's hands seeped from his cold skin making Li Wei felt at ease even when he's unconscious.

He was very worried when the assassin rushed onto them, afraid to face his second death. As a person who experienced death, he sure knows what it felt like. He was not afraid of the pain, but he was afraid leaving the people who cared about him. He made a mistake that can never be mended, and it surely suffered great loss from those who were left by him.

He wondered how his fathers were doing right now. Somehow, he missed them.

Li Jie sighed as he looked at Li Wei's solemn face. This little one's still considered a child, yet he was suffering even more than him. Li Jie could feel his brain and heart ache and the tense feeling he had seemed to calm down a bit.

Across the infirmary was a beautiful young man with bottomless eyes, his features were considered beautiful than handsome. On his lap was a white cat with heterochromia eyes, just like him. He pondered for a bit, this cat was quite familiar.

Li Jie stared intensely at the latter, wondering who this person was. Is he one of the general's flings from the past? Why is he with Delun when they arrived? Why is he unfamiliar about him? This man is beautiful and tall, making him feeling envious about Lim Hao's height. He remained dignified as he surpassed the beauty of Lim Hao and said to himself that height is just a number.

Lim Hao, holding Ai on his lap, felt uncomfortable towards Li Jie's gaze. He doesn't know what the general's wife was thinking and felt nervous as he sat on his chair. Despite all that, Lim Hao smiled towards the latter. He put Ai on the chair and paid respects to him.

"Greetings Young Madame, I'm Lim Hao of the Lim Clan and I am the General's assistant. I'm honored to meet you." He clasped his hands and lined his arms with his shoulders, slightly bowing his head.

Li Jie was stunned and bowed in return. He nodded slightly and continued to stare at him.

Lim Hao, who was uncomfortable from his gaze averted his eyes and focused on the cat that jumped on his lap, purring softly.

Now Li Jie remembered, this cat was the one he was chasing before and also the general's cat. Why is the cat so close to this man?

Thinking some unhealthy thoughts made Li Jie gloomy. But he recovered soon as he didn't know the story yet.

"Are you alright, Young Madame?" Lim Hao asked as the certain, vinegar pot kept staring at him. Lim Hao thought that he also needs to be cared that's why Li Jie's eyes were glued to him.

'But he seems unharmed.' Lim Hao thought.

"No thanks. I'm alright." Li Jie snapped out from his thoughts and sighed. He prayed that Delun will be alright after that battle.