49. Squeamish

Liu Ming sat on his desk as the servant he appointed for his collaboration kneeled in front him. The servant, who was also the undercover royal guard Chang Bao bowed 'sincerely' and smirked silently. His Royal Majesty and him planned this idea to betray liu ming as Chang Bao guilelessly 'helped' liu ming with his plans.

He could extract information from him and could take this advantage to take him down. So, as what His Majesty told him, he infiltrated the Liu manor and pretended to be a servant who 'helped' him get ideas on how to take down the Fengs and the Royal palace.

For how oblivious, dumb and naive as he was, Chang Bao thought that he really was ambitious.

Oh well, people are people. Some are greedy, and some are selfless. Human instincts were really hard to understand.

Author: I am a potato (。・ω・。)

"You may rise. Sit on the chair across me and unleash your ideas." Liu Ming said coldly. Chang Bao still hated this idea, especially the person who came up with it. Yes, his 'lovely' father. Because of this, he was forced to change his face and masked himself. His Majesty specially prepared him the cosmetics and fake skin to change his appearance. Fortunately, His Majesty didn't tell anyone who was the undercover and everyone assumed that it was one of the servants in the palace. Or else, he wouldn't be able to live if he was being found out especially from that 'rotten general'. Although he was a royal guard, he also had his pride. He would really explode if his archenemy found him acting like a pitiful servant.

He silently chanted, "This is A-jie." for who knows how many.  Then, be calmed himself and followed this scum's orders with 'obedience'. While inside, he was about to erupt but managed to stifled his feelings inside.

Chang Bao explained the 'plan' he came up with and Liu Ming lit up with excitement. He stated that they would cause rumors to the entire city about the General trading riches to other countries and the Royal palace collaborating him. Then, he would control the subjects to forcefully stepped down their leader and make Liu Ming the new Emperor.

"Great! I like that. Now, there's something I want to ask you. You know the wife of the great General right?" Liu Ming asked mockingly. However, as he heard that sentence, Chang Bao's blood boiled in anger and clenched his fist tightly.

"What about him, Master?" Chang Bao said calmly, but in his heart the hatred towards this person was about to blow up.

"There was a place that everyone thinks it's legendary. That place was full of treasures and of course; wealth. But there was still something in that place that even the neighboring states coveted it. And, I want it too."

"But, that place had a key. And also, the map. The map was stolen from me, who knows who that scum was. The key, well, the puny wife of the general found it and kept it on himself. If not for one of the servants who spied on the manor, we might not be able to find that key. Thanks to that Li Jie, I found that precious thing."

Chang Bao narrowed his eyes as he heard Liu Ming. His eyes full of bloodlust and killing intent, and he wished that he could cut this Minister's head.

"That Li Jie is so confident about everything! I couldn't wait to capture him and torture him to death. He, the one who cut my daughter's tongue, the one who made her disabled, deserved a painful death!" Liu Ming roared angrily and Chang Bao was stunned. Cut off her tongue? Made her disabled? Did Li Jie made these things?

The Li Jie he knew was timid and shy, easy to be bullied. He was sickly. He even wouldn't hurt a single ant. But to anger the Minister like this, he started to doubt.

Right, after that incident, Li Jie changed. He was energetic, but still the same. Or not?

No, that can't be right. One person couldn't change after a night even if that was a memory loss. He never encountered a person whose persinality changed in a memory loss.

But in Li Jie's case, what should he had to find out about him?

"If I didn't captured that Li Jie and send him to the General's bed, I shouldn't have suffered like this and my plan would have succeeded! But, seems like I made a mistake. Well, I am human after all." Liu Ming laughed in madness and suddenly scowled.

Chang Bao stilled, he couldn't move. He...just learned about his brother's disappearance. All of these were because of the scum in front of him. His brother's memory loss was because of him, and nearly died because of him.

Without knowing that his brother really died that night.

"The object I want you to steal is an imperial jade pendant. And, I want you to capture that puny wife. If you couldn't do it in 5 days, you know what will happen. Consider it as my kindness."

'Kindness? Who wants your goddamn kindness? You hurt my family, and you got a nerve to say it in my face?! Surnamed Liu, I will really kill you or my surname isn't Chen!' Although he hated that surname.

"Yes, Master." But he couldn't kill him just yet. No, not now. He will wait for an opportunity, and he will cut his neck himself.
.
.
.
.

In the Wei manor, Li Jie stayed in the manor's infirmary and checked Li Wei's wounds. The wound was really deep that Li Wei was still in a coma. He looked at this child's wounds and regretted that he let him stay in that ambush. He was still a child, but he experienced the cruelty of the world.

He was an exception. In his past life, needed the cruelty to survive. If not, then he would be a loser born in mud.

He never feel anything like this before, he was worrying. This child, even though he was annoying sometimes, he really regarded him as his brother. He really meant it.

But, looking at him now, this child was protecting him and got injured.

He sighed and nodded at Hui Hua who was doing a herbal concoction for Li Wei's recovery. He then decided to go out and stay at his room.

Recently, he found out that he kept sighing. That was because he missed a certain wolf in the palace. He never saw Delun for a week, and he terribly missed him.

He couldn't help but to worry, what if Delun got hurt or what if he got into a fight? What if he was flirting to anyone again?

He scratched that question angrily. If that question really came true, there would be no FENG DELUN existed in the world.

He wanted to go to the palace and check what his husband was working for. Of course he already knew that, but he just kept pretending that he didn't so he had a reason to go there. But his brothers pestered him not go since Delun was probably busy.

Li Jie also knew that his brothers said it as an excuse to prevent him to go to the wolf's den. But he has legs, surely the cabbage would run towards the pig and volunteered himself to get abducted. But that pig was an airhead. He didn't noticed Li Jie's actions well.

He was in his room, either munching some loquats or laying down on his bed. But now, he was near the window in a daze. He endured the illness of love as if it was some kind of cancer.

"Ugh!" Li Jie groaned and leaped to his bed, sprawling the sheets. He wanted to go to the palace, but he didn't want to disturb him. What if he go there and interrupted Delun's work?

"What should I do? I miss him." Li Jie muttered and buried his head in the pillows. Min Zhe managed to pass by and saw his brother's listlessness so early in the morning. He was distressed since he knew that he missed Delun's presence.

Min Zhe suddenly remembered that Delun would come here in the afternoon. He then sent to Li Jie's room and said, "Your husband will be going here this afternoon. Stop being like a salted fish! You're making me distressed."

Li Jie suddenly energized and looked at Min Zhe blissfully, "Really?"

"Yeah." Min Zhe replied dully. He kept thinking what his brother sees in him. But he knew that if he speak I'll towards his husband, he'll scowl at him. So, he could only sigh and murdered Delun inside his imagination.

As expected, Li Jie's smile reached his ear and hummed a song which Min Zhe didn't know. Seeing his brother's mood soared up high as he heard the news, he let his brother do his things and left the room.

Right now, because of dog food, he was squeamish.