Chapter 49 | the door

Same TW applies fr last chapter. Abuse mentions.

12/7/1985
Winchester, England.

"YOU'RE THE ONE WHO GOT ME PREGNANT!"

"YOU'RE THE ONE THAT SAID YOU WERE ON BIRTH CONTROL"

Lots of big words... ones he didn't understand.

"FACE IT YOU GOT PREGNANT SO I'D STICK AROUND. WE HAVE ONE FIGHT AND YOU PULL SHIT LIKE THIS! Now we have a child NEITHER of us want and our marriage is RUINED!"

Lots of yelling, lots of thumping around downstairs.

"I'VE WASTED FIVE YEARS OF MY LIFE LOOKING AFTER THIS KID I DON'T EVEN WAN-"

"Hello? Don't just stand there and- WHERE ARE YOU GOING-"

The footsteps, they were coming back. The angry ones. The door slammed open, the toddler jolted up in his crib and pushed himself into the corner.

"Look at me L"

Felling his fathers harsh grip grab his face and make it face him, angry eyes looked down at him.

"I knew it..." he snarled.

"Knew-"

"This isn't my son. You lying CHEATER-"

The confused child watched his father turn and harshly smack his mother across the face.

"WHAT THE FU-" she began, but was swiftly cut off.

"I knew you were up to something all this time, I KNEW IT. TELL ME WHY HE HAS ZERO OF MY FEATURES?! NEITHER OF US HAVE BLACK HAIR, NEITHER OF US HAVE THOSE EYES, HE GOT YOUR PALE SKIN, YOUR LANKY BUILD AND NONE OF MY DNA!"

"HOW COULD YOU EVEN ACCUSE YOUR OWN WIFE OF CHEATING ON YOU?!" The woman screamed, hand up to her cheek where the smack hit.

"HES MIXED! LOOK AT HIM. THAT CHILD HAS BRITISH AND... PROBABLY AISAN! BOTH OF US ARE BRITISH!"

"I KNOW NEITHER OF US WANT HIM BUT HES YOURS!"

"DONT BULLSHIT ME! IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW-"

This didn't feel real. He had to be dreaming right? Why are they in here past his bedtime yelling things he didn't understand? He could barley even speak a proper sentence yet, he couldn't defend himself. He didn't even know what was going on. All he knew was the mummy and daddy yell, it's bad.

"That's why you were so eager to get in my pants the second you came back from that conference in Japan! So you could PIN ME AS THE FATHER! YOU REALLY THOUGHT THAT WOULD WORK? THAT I WOULDN'T NOTICE THE FEATURES NEITHER OF US MATCH?" He yelled.

"I didn't-"

"Who was it? A salary man? A host in a host club? The ceo of your company? Some harajuku model boy?"

There was a bone chilling silence, before an angry sigh was let out.

"It was an accountant" She said.

"I KNEW IT"

"YOU WOULDNT GIVE ME ANY ATTENTION! I TRIED TO GET THROUGH TO YOU BUT YOU KEPT IGNORING ME FOR THAT STUPID PROMOTION!"

The toddler watched as a physical fight broke out, he just wanted to go to sleep with his teddy and now he was watching his parents fight in his room, knocking over the few toys he had, throwing his stuff at each other. Naturally, as any toddler would. He started crying.

He screamed in terror when he felt the back of his onesie he grabbed and he was pulled from his cot, he kicked and trashed trying to get out of the harsh grip.

"You see this child? The one you cheated to create?  ITS NOT MINE! IT WAS NEVER MINE! OH MY GOD ITS SUCH A WINY CRYBABY SHUT UP!"

Everything happened so fast, first he was dangling by his onesie, then he was thrown, then he hit something and heard it crash. The toddler screamed in agony at the pain that shot through his back, felling something trickle down it from his upper back where the buttons had come undone when he was being grabbed.

Looking around, he found himself up against the bedroom door that had been knocked off its hinges and broken with the force of the throw.

"When this child support thing is over. We're over. Leave him on the street to die for all I care, that's not my son. I never wanted kids anyway you cheating slut"

The father stormed out of the room, leaving the house all together. When the mother caught he breath, she marched up to the crying child and pulled him harshly from the door.

"Shut up. I'm only cleaning you up because if the cops gets called I'm not going to jail"

Of course the kid didn't stop crying. He wasn't even half a decade old yet.

"I SAID SHUT UP!"

He stopped crying when he felt a harsh stung on his cheek from a hard slap and the fear of being hit again paralysed him. He sniffles but stayed silent as his mother roughly cleaned up the blood and swapped his onesie, not even bothering to button it up right. She threw him back into the crib, and before she walked out without a door to slam, she looked back at the child.

"You've ruined my marriage. I should have never had you"

L hid under his blanket, clutching one of his only teddies tight, in an attempt to hide from his parents. His back and face still stung, he was scared but he figured if he could go to sleep, it would all go away.

PRESENT DAY.

You sat there, stunned. How did he recall all that without a reaction? How could he have thought it was a dream this whole time and not questioned it? You gently reached for his shirt and pulled the back up, on his upper back just next to his spine was a scar from the gash the door caused. Still there, still as noticeable as ever. You ran a finger over it, honestly stunned it was still fresh looking after all these years.

"Hang on... you weren't his son... so your real dad is still out there somewhere" you mumbled.

"Probably, somewhere in Japan with his own wife and kids. Doesn't even know I exist"

If you had to go to Japan for blue ship... maybe it would pay to try and find this man. Maybe he had answers... he could help piece together the past L had mostly forgotten. Watari had always been the dad L needed, and while no one could ever replace that... it may pay to track down L's actual birth dad just to get some answers.

He was staring into the void again, that thousand yard stare of a man that's seen too much.

You sighed.

"L... I wish I didn't have to keep telling you. You're allowed to have emotions. Just cry" you said.

And cry he did. Knowing that 'dream' was actually a memory, he cried. Even though he was glad he had a found family, he was beyond upset he had to live with all this trauma he didn't even know he had.

But... crying was the first step to recovery. And he had been crying more often recently...