Chapter 33 | years pass

Wow, it's been a while since I wrote in this thing.

Case file L Lawliet, still not complete huh?

So, it's been three years since we started to date. We're 21 now and you guessed it, still at the orphanage. we should have moved out years ago, but the boys latched onto us.

I guess I talk about that.

L and the boys, Mello, Matt and Near.

Near is 8 now, Matt is 9 turning 10 soon, and Mello is 10. Ans Jesus Christ they grew up fast. They're all top of their classes. Mello is just as high-energy as ever, Matt got into computers and has already figured out the basics of hacking. And Near... well, he's an odd case. He's very secluded. He still loves his toys and all, that hasn't changed. The only people he seems to be more open and transparent with are Me, L and the other two boys.

Now L, like it or not, he's become the father-figure for the boys. It's kind of an unspoken thing but he knows it. Who do they go to when there's a problem? L. Who do they ask to help with homework? L. Who do they come to when they're upset? Ok that's me. L still isn't the best at comforting people.

But over the past three years he's gotten more comfortable around people he trusts, he actually knows how a relationship works now. He's more laid back with the boys and when he's not solving cases, he's down to play with them or help them study.

B is still missing, no body has turned up so he's alive out there somewhere, I just don't know where.

I couldn't be happier with L, but there's still questions I want answered. There's still so much of him I don't know. I know his past, but not the side effects. I know his name, but not the origins. I know what that feeling was all those years ago, but there's still something about him that is pulling me down a rabbit hole.

I will find it out one day. I guess with acting as stand-in parents to the boys I got caught up in that and couldn't update the files. But I'm back baby, and I'm still digging for answers.

-(y/n)

Closing the file, you tucked it away in the usual hiding spot. It's been hectic the past three years. You had moved around for a few cases, but only within the country as the boys still needed guidance. You'd always be back within a week.

"(Y/n)!"

You turned to the source of the noise.

"Yeah?" You called back.

Your door opened, and Matt stood in the doorway.

"What's up?"

"Do you know where L is?" He asked.

"Uhhh... try his room, why?"

"Me, Mello and Near have something to ask him"

You got up, following him down the hall curious as to what they had to say.

"Yo, where is he?" Mello asked, coming form the other end of the hall.

"(Y/n), said to check his room" Matt replied.

"NEAR GET YOUR BUTT DOWN HERE!"

From the other hall came Near, what on earth were the boys doing? What did they want to ask L. You curiously followed as they got to the end of the hall and knocked on L's door.

"Yeah?" His voice came from the other said.

Mello opened it and you all piled in. Finding L was checking his emails for cases, all hidden away in the dark as usual.