Chapter 46 | investigating

You wanted to get to the bottom of this, it'd be hard since almost all records on L's existence are either under lock and key or destroyed. But you had to know what happened to L as a child, that would be such a big help to a recovery he clearly needs.

You knew one person that would be able to help...

"Hey, Hey wake up"

The redhead didn't stir, half hanging off the bed asleep.

"MATT!" You whispered yelled.

He jolted awake, rubbing his eyes and making out your features illuminated by the lava lamp by his bed.

"(Y/n)? What's going on?" He said sleepily.

"You're an expert hacker, I need your help"

"Now? It's like midnight"

"Yeah, technically I shouldn't be looking into this because the staff are hiding it for a reason but I gotta know"

That peaked his interest. Forbidden knowledge? He liked the sound of that.

"What are we hacking?" He asked, grabbing his laptop from the floor by the bed and opening the lid.

"Any records you can find in the wammys system about L before he came to the orphanage"

"Ooo that sounds interesting, can I look at Mello and Nears too? They've never told me what happened before we met in the foster care system. I won't tell anyone anything"

"Go for it, just cover our tracks"

You watched him open programs and set up firewalls and VPNs to cover the tracks, opening the wammys database program and extracting the code.

"What would the files be called?" He asked.

"Dunno, maybe try his name?" You replied.

He typed L Lawliet into the search bar and a few pages came up.

"Looks like his medical records and a track record of all his cases and aliases"

"Try his wammys ID number"

Every orphan had an ID number, all of the orphanages Watari founded had a system like that in order to keep track of records. Your number matched when you came into the orphanage. Since L was among the first lot of kids at wammys with you, A and B, he was 0010 and you were 0009. Matt pulled up all the files with L's number in it, finding one called registration.

"Try that. It looks like the paperwork from when he was registered into the system" you said.

He opened it, finding an extensive record dated way back to the 80s when you and L first came to the orphanage. All handwritten and scanned in later.

"This looks like it was all done the day he arrived..." Matt said, pointing out the date in the corner.

Name: L Lawliet
Age: 5
Date of birth: 31/10/1979
Number: 0010
Sex: male
Weight: 17.9kg (underweight)
Height: 109cm
Hair: black
Eyes: grey
Ethnicity: mixed (Japanese, Caucasian, possibly some other genes)

Previous establishments: n/a

Allergies: pine nuts
Medications: n/a
History of seizures/tics/black outs: n/a
Disabilities: n/a
Mental disorders: upon investigation of his behaviours and home life a PTSD diagnosis is in order.

Notes: L shows bad communication and social skills, starting fights within the first hours of arrival. He seems to be scared of loud and energetic people. In an attempt to have him make friends and socialise he'll be introduced to (y/n) as she is quieter and a more gentle person. They seem to be a good match. He shows incredible intelligence for someone his age and looking to placing into classes a year ahead of him may be helpful. Further observation of his behaviour as he grows up is needed due to the behaviours that could be caused by his home life.