Chapter 10 | updating

A/n: reminder that this is set before Kira and BB cases so technology isn't as advanced as it is now.

After you took a shower, you decided to pull out your file and add some stuff to it. L had been acting a little different recently and you weren't going to let it go un-documented.

You pulled out the file and grabbed a pen, flipping through the pages and finding a blank one. You wrote the date and titled it 'behaviour changes' and began to write.

Ever since we got cuffed together, L had been a bit different. He still eats crap loads of sugar, sits all curled up and picks things up by the corner, but some smaller things have changed.

He's become more comfortable and affectionate. Just a little, but there has been a change.

He is much more comfortable with contact, he is ok with holding my hand and hugging me, which he barely did before. He has become a lot better at comforting words, at least with me and has become a little more casual speaking. This could all just be because of our joint case but it's a change nonetheless.

I gave him a bunny toy today and when I looked back at him, he was embracing it like it meant something. His cheeks went red too, maybe he's finds it special that I gave him something?

When I first tried to hold his hand, he began to stutter. That has slowly gone away but he seemed a little apprehensive about contact to begin with.

We have agreed that we feel the same emotion that we don't know. Maybe when we figure it out everything will be clear.

To summarise: L seems more comfortable around me. Maybe it's the handcuffs.

You closed the file and hid it again, you then went back into L's room and found him at the computer with dripping hair.

"Dry your hair maybe" you said.

"It puffs up if I do that" he replied, grabbing your arm and putting the handcuffs back on.

"It can't be that bad"

You grabbed a towel and began to dry his hair as he just sat there looking displeased.

"You need a haircut" you said.

"So do you" he replied.

"Let's get Watari to cut out hair tomorrow"

"Sure"

You put the towel aside and found his hair really did puff up. You sighed and grabbed a hairbrush, dragging it through his hair.

"See? My hair doesn't like to cooperate" he said.

"It's fine, you just gotta brush it nicely and so it keeps your hairline in place" you said.

You turned him to face you and finished off by brushing his fringe.

"Yeah you definitely need a haircut, that fringe makes you look all emo" you laughed.

"At least I don't act all emo"

"Don't lie L, you had an emo phase"

"Did not"

"Did to"

"Did not"

"Did to"

"Did not"

"Ok well maybe not that much of an emo phase but you had the fringe and the eyebags made it look like you had eyeliner back then" you said.

"That was just because my hair didn't want to cooperate and it gave me an emo fringe"

"Yeah yeah whatever you say"

"I didn't have an emo phase!" He laughed.

"Ok ok!" You laughed back.

You moved next to him and looked down at the computer.

"So, what's the verdict? Anything new about or little case?" You said.

"Nope, apart form that little outing. I can't find anything online about our feelings"

"Well internet is still newish"

"True, I'm sure it will be a strange place in the near future"

"Definitely, there's a lot of weirdos out there"

L closed the windows on the computer and flopped back onto the floor.

"I'm so lost" he said.

You flipped down beside him.

"Me too, once we figure one thing out it will all click into place I can tell"

"Hopefully it all clicks soon, it's starting to really bug me"

"Me too, we better solve this"