Chapter 35.

At The Barn*

Iron is finished putting the last touches on the drill. You and The Crystal Gems arrived and gathered around, Iron and Peridot is nowhere to be found though.

Amethyst: How much longer 'till we can use the drill?

Pearl: Well, with the new coordinates we got from the moon base, it should be ready to go. But we really should perform a few tests first.

You: I suggest we make a few upgrades as well, because I think it will not stop the cluster.

Pearl: What do you mean y/n?

You: Sure, it can probably dig us enough to reach the cluster. But, I think there's no way it can stop a monstrous fusion made up of millions of gem shards.

Steven watches as the group discuss about the cluster. He however, sees Iron and Peridot sneaking into the barn and follows her. Peridot fumbles with the prism she retrieved from the Moon Base in "It Could've Been Great". She quickly gives it to iron behind her back when the two sees Steven.

Iron &Peridot: Oh! Steven.

Steven: Iron, Peridot, I need to talk to you.

Peridot: Uhhh (looks at iron and nods*) yeah! Sure!

Iron: What do you want to talk about?

Iron, Steven and Peridot enter the truck that is parked inside the barn.

Peridot: Why are we in this broken-down vehicle?

Steven continues to observe the prism Iron is hiding.

Steven: I wanted to ask you two...about the Diamonds?

Peridot and Iron looks at each other.
Peridot looks at iron excited and iron unamazed.

Peridot: Oh! I don't know what the others have told you, but there's a reason they're in charge.

Steven: Why's that?

Peridot: They're objectively better than us. Every Gem has their strengths and weaknesses, but not them. They're absolutely totally completely flawless beings! Especially my diamond, Yellow Diamond, the most perfect, the most reasonable, rational, efficient decider ever to exist in the universe!

Iron: Correction peridot, they might be powerful but they still have weaknesses though.

Peridot: What are you talking about?!?! The diamonds are the most powerful gems in the universe! Especially my diamond you clod!

Iron: Your diamond?! Tch, please. Your diamond doesn't stand a chance against my diamond, white diamond.

Peridot: Don't you dare bring white diamond into this!! I will have you know my diamond is-!!

Steven: What about y/n's gem?

Iron and peridot looked at steven shocked a little

Peridot: Y-y/n's gem?

Steven: His gem remember? His gem is a diamond. What do you know about it?

Iron: We wouldn't tell you even a single clue, sure we have bonded for a few times but that doesn't mean we are with you.

Steven:(sighs*) You two are really loyal to your diamonds, aren't you?

Peridot: How could we not be? Iron is right, we might have our little truce, but we'll never forsake the Gem I was made for! Right iron?!

Iron: (annoyed*) Yup.

Steven: That's good, because... they're right behind you!

Peridot: WHAT?