Chapter 14.

At the Beach* Night time

Greg is playing his guitar to steven with his van parked outside the 
crystal temple

Steven: That sounded great!

Greg: Oh thanks! I'm thinking about calling it "Water Witch".

Steven: Cool.

Greg: By the way schtuball. What is your relationship with y/n? Are you like brothers or something?

Steven: Hmm, i think so. I kinda idolize him because he's always cool and he is always there when we need him. Right dad?

Greg: Yeah, i think so. And check this out, I can add some vocal distortion too.

Greg pulls down a microphone from the ceiling of the van, adjusts a control panel and speaks into the microphone, distorting his voice into a robotic one.

Greg: Steven, your dad's a robot now. And now that I'm a robot, things will be better and colder. Please forgive me for being an amazing machine.

Steven: I can't stay mad at my robo-dad. Where's all this awesome energy coming from?

Greg: Actually, I was inspired to make some new songs after the ocean got sucked up into space a while back. I even drew up some freaky album artwork.

Greg shows Steven his drawing of his album cover, titled "Water Witch".

Steven: It looks like... Lapis Lazuli.

Greg: (takes the drawing back*) Easy with the tender touches, don't want it to get all smudged. Here, plug this up and help your old man work out this witchy jam. (hands Steven an electric guitar*)

Steven: Yeah! Let's... Jam!

Steven strums the electric guitar but it makes no sound.

Steve: Uh? Where my jams at?

Greg: I don't think it's plugged in.

Steven: Ah ha!

Steven plugs the electric guitar into the TV in Greg's van

Steven: All right, here we go. Let's ... jam!

Steven strums the guitar again, but it still makes no sound.

Steven: Uh... hmm. (strums it again*) Jam!

No sound is made.

Steven: Hmm... Jaaaam!

Steven repeatedly strum the guitar, but still no sound.

Greg: Oh, sorry, that's just the TV. (points to the TV*) See, you plugged into the video jack, but were making audio here. Don't you know video killed the audio star?

Steven: (looks around in confusion*) I have no idea what you are talking about.

Greg: That's okay, you leave the details to me. When you're a one-man band you got to know how to do it all lyrics, graphic design, forum moderation, but for me it was all about the audio.

Steven: What a lovely poem.

Greg: Ok, we need a catchy hook! Something like- (starts playing his guitar and singing*)

Greg: ♫ Well she's a riptide queen and she's super mean- ♫

Steven: Woah, hold the phone! (halts Greg from singing*) Now give the phone to me. Lapis was not mean, even y/n would not agrew to that. She was just trying to get home. How 'bout this instead?

Greg: Why? Did y/n and lapis has a special relationship or something?

Steven: I don't know. Anyways, here.