Chapter 16

At the beach citywalk fries*

Steven and greg visits the BC Fries, as Steven slams his fists on the counter in slow motion to get his regular order.

Steven: Give me the- (gets interrupted by a bag of fry bits pushed in front of him*) Oh, thanks!

Peedee: Eh, I saw you guys coming.

Greg: Are you closing up all by yourself?

Peedee: Yeah, it's just me tonight.

Greg: Wow, that's a lot of responsibility for a kid your age. Your dad must really trust you.

Peedee: (unamused*) Don't patronize me, sir.

Steven and Greg leave Beach Citywalk Fries and walk towards the beach.

Steven: See you, Peedee!

Steven: So, like I was saying, peridot's been shooting huge robots here from space. And when you smash them, they explode into goo! (eats a handful of bits*)

Greg: That sounds scary. You know, I'm not sure if... Do you ever feel like this Gem stuff is too much for you? I mean y/n can take care of this by himself because he's an adult and you. You're just a kid.

Steven: What are you-

The area suddenly rumbles as a loud noise is heard, causing Steven to trip over and shattering the windows of local businesses. Everyone then look up to the sky in shock.

You meanwhile are standing at the beach city powerplant with your shadow assassin suit on. You are looking at the huge alien hand ship heading for beach city.

???: What should we do y/n? Should we help steven and his friends or not?...

You just ignored the voice and glares at the ship one last time and jumps down making you disappear from the shadows.

While you are running through the roofs of many many houses. You have been thinking, was running really the best solution?

Was running truly the best answer for my problems. I have been running from my problems for far too long and i was getting sick of it. It's time for me to stop running and become something new in my life and face the consequences that comes with it.

It might be risky but im up for it. But what will be my new identity? My new purpose? My new me?

(A flashback of chapter 3*)

Pearl: Not bad (y/n). I must say im impressed. I would want to battle you sometime in the future.

Amethyst: Yeah dude, you got some skills. Do you wanna join us?

Garnet: (y/n). It would mean a lot to us if you join the crystal gems.

Youu: Thanks for the offer but, im gonna decline.

Steven: Aww, but we could really use your help on defending earth...

(Flashback end*)

That's it. My mind is settled. I have finally decided that i will become a crystal gem and defend this planet because this is my home and the rest of my kind as well.

Pov end*

???: So, you finally decided to become a crystal gem..

You: Indeed.

???: But, what will happen if they don't accept you?

You: What do you mean?

???: Remember you are the "shadow assassin". And the crystal gems highly hate the shadow assassin, and if they find out you are the shadow assassin i highly doubt that they would accept you on their team.