Thaddeus Ross is a manipulative piece of...

"What legal authority does an enhanced individual like Wanda Maximoff have to operate in Nigeri -" 

The t.v. anchor was cutoff by Athena who turned the t.v. off. 

"It's my fault" Wanda said. Athena sat down on her bed next to her and gave her a long hug. Pietro ran in and offered Wanda Doritos, but she refused. 

The death of 9 Wakandans was still sitting pretty heavily on Wanda's back. Even though she managed to save many more people by launching Rumlow in the air, every news channel blamed her. 

"That's not true" Steve walked in too. 

"Turn the t.v. back on, they're being very specific"

"I should've clocked that bomb vest long before you had to deal with it." Steve walked over and sat between Wanda and Athena. 

"No, I should've been there with you guys" Athena crossed her arms over her chest. 

"Thena" Steve warned. "He said something about Bucky being found and tortured, and I froze. That's on me" Steve lay a hand on Wanda's shoulder. 

"Wait what? You didn't tell me anything about him mentioning dad" Athena glared at Steve. 

"This job . . . we try to save as many people as we can. Sometimes that doesn't mean everybody. But if we can't find a way to live with that, next time . . . maybe nobody gets saved." Steve ignored the now fifteen year old. 

Athena almost lauched Pietro's dorito packet at Vision who walked through the wall. Though they lived together at the compound, Vision had the annoying habit of appearing in odd places which often made Athena's fight or flight instict kick in.

"Vis! We talked about this." Wanda gave him a look. Pietro frowned at the interaction between his sister and Vision. 

"Yes, but the door was open so I assumed that..." He trailed off.

"You guys are literally so cute" Athena whispered. 

"Wait what? did I miss something?" Pietro sat up straighter. 

"Captain Rogers wished to know when Mr. Stark was arriving." Vision stared at Steve. 

"Thank you. We'll be right down." Steve nodded. 

"I'll . . . use the door. Oh, and apparently, he's brought a guest... the Secretary of State"

.....

"Five years ago, I had a heart attack. I dropped right in the middle of my back-swing. Turned out it was the best round of my life, because after 13 hours of surgery and a triple bypass . . . I found something 40 years in the Army had never taught me: Perspective. The world owes the Avengers an un-payable debt. You have fought for us, protected us, risked your lives . . . but while a great many people see you as heroes, there are some . . . who would prefer the word "vigilantes"." Thaddeus Ross, according to Athena was an extremely boring man whom she decided she hated. 

"And what word would you use, Mr. Secretary?" Natasha asked. Steve had made Athena promise that she wouldn't make a big scene or argue, otherwise she wasn't allowed to attend the meeting. 

"How about "dangerous"? What would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind?" Ross said. 

Ross activated the screen behind him and showed New York 2012, Loki's attack, and Hulk who was trying to kill the Chitauri. 

"New York" he said.