Time Travel part 1

The hologram screens showed the various locations the team had to time travel to and the stones that could be found in those locations. 

In New York- there were the space, time and mind stones.  2012

On Asgard there was the Aether. 2013

And in out space- Morag/ Vormir there were the power stone and the soul stone. 2014

"All right. We have a plan. Six Stones, three teams. One shot." Steve walked in front of the team. "But not all of us can go..."

"Like Steve said- three teams" Athena spoke up, holding the piece of paper with almost everyone's names. "Steve, Natasha, Rhodey- you three are going to 2014. Steve will go to Vormir while Nat and Rhodes go to Morag- expect resistance"

There was a time when every mention of the word resistance led to a conversation about Star wars, which is why Athena had to clear her throat before continuing. 

"Tony, Scott, Bruce, Pietro and I will be going to New York 2012 where Pietro and I will be focusing on the mind stone, Tony and Scott will go after the space stone and Bruce- the time stone"

All of them nodded. 

"That leaves- Rocket and Thor to go to Asgard circa 2013 to get the Aether" Athena finished. 

"We don't know what effects time travelling twice can have on your body so you- Legolas will be staying behind" Tony patted Clint on the back. "Don't worry- we'll get everyone back"

"And Nebula- I'm sorry, but we don't know how your... your body would react to going back in time since your conciousness would exist in 2014 and there could be interference"

"I understand" The woman nodded. 

Now all that was left was to execute the plan. 

.....

"Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends... We lost family... We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. But it doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we're gonna win" Steve looked at Tony. "Whatever it takes. Good luck."

"He's pretty good at that" Rocket noted. 

"Right?" Scott and Athena said in unison. 

"Hey Steve, were you wearing one of dad's Henleys?" Athena spoke up when she realised something. "Cause I know you don't own any henleys"

"Not the time, Thena" 

But Athena could've sworn she saw him turn a little pink, and that along with his quick response and raised tone gave her all the answers she needed. But right then, they had to focus. Like Steve had said- this was the fight of their lives, there were no do overs. Athena needed to get Bucky and Peter back. 

"All right. You heard the man. Stroke those keys, jolly green" Tony told Bruce who was by the control panel. 

The big green guy had told Clint and Nebula about the basics of the control board and how to bring everyone back. There was hope in the air, and not the Van Dyne kind. 

"Tractors engaged." Nebula told the avengers. 

Steve caught Athena's eye and gave her a small smile. "This is going to work"

"I hope so" Athena smiled right back at him. "Be careful Steve"

"You too Thena- Pietro's the only reason I'm not going with you. Stick close to him, and.... Don't do anything stupid until I get back"

Athena chuckled sadly at that. "How can I? You're taking all the stupid with you"

With that, the machinery began to spin. The floor under them seemed to give out, and turn into a portal full of colours. The teenager took a deep breath. This had to work. 

She activated her helmet and saw that everyone else had too. Giving Steve a last smile, they disappeared. 

It was hard to describe her trip through time. Surprisingly, her insides weren't reorganised and she was still in one piece as she became smaller and smaller. Navigating through the quantum realm, Athena only opened her eyes when she found herself on solid ground again.