Time travel is easy to figure out if you're a genius

A home life after what had happened was a luxury for Athena, she wished she could go back to how everything was before Thanos, but it wasn't possible- atleast not in the way she wanted. 

Pepper was delighted to know that Athena was alive and Morgan was such a sweetheart that Athena wanted the day to last forever. Athena had always wanted a little sister or a brother (Don't.. they're the worst. I have experience. I've just heard many single children say they want a sibling so...) She had gotten a brief glimpse of it with Lila during Ultron's murder spree, but now everything was peaceful. 

Athena joined Tony in the kitchen to clean the dishes even though Pepper insisted she didn't have to. She walked in with a plate as Tony stared at two photographs in his hand. One Athena would recognise anywhere- it was taken the day after Wanda and Vision left the compound when Peter, Tony were being sore losers after Athena won at another round of Uno. 

Tony was glaring at Athena with mock anger and Peter was pouting while Athena kissed his cheek. It wasn't a planned photo, which only made it so much better, it was taken by Bucky who had come to pick the teenagers up and was blessed by the amazing sight. 

"I miss him too you know" Tony said softly acknowledging Athena's presence. She put the dishes next to the sink and took a closer look at the other photograph. It was Tony and Peter holding up his Stark internship certificate while the two gave each other bunny ears. 

Athena chuckled when she looked at the silly look on Peter's face, and unknown to her Tony finally had a personal reason to fight for. 

"Come on Thena... time to figure out time travel" 

.....

"Look at a mod inspiration, let me see what check out. So, recommend one last sim before we pack it in for the night. This time, in the shape of a mobius strip," Tony told his AI. He was generating a holographic, theoretical model of a time machine. 

"Inverted" Athena added as an after thought. 

"Processing..." Friday spoke. 

"Give me that eigenvalue. That, particle factoring, and a spectral decomp. That will take a second."

"Just a moment."

"And don't worry if it doesn't pan out. I'm just kinda -" Tony was cut off by FRIDAY. 

"Model rendered."

It came as a complete shock that the render came back as 99.987% successful, Athena scoffed disbelievingly as Tony fell back in his chair- bewildered. 

"Shit!"

"Shit." A young voice echoed. Athena and Tony turned behind them to see Morgan giggling

"What are you doing up, little mess?"

"Shit." Morgan repeated. Athena found herself laughing as she saw the father daughter exchange. 

"No, we don't say that. Only Mommy says that word. She coined it, it belongs to her." Tony said. 

"Why are you and Nina up?" Athena's heart lurched at the mention of the nickname her father always called her by and Tony noticed. But Athena waved his concern away and looked back at Morgan. 

"You know Morgan, only special people call me that nickname... are you special?" 

"Can you give me juice pops?" 

"Quite the negotiator you've raised" Athena chuckled and looked at Tony. 

"Let's go get some juice pops" Tony agreed. 

.....

In the morning Athena almost leapt with joy when Tony agreed to help them with their time heist. The two waved goodbye to Morgan and Pepper as they got into an Audi. 

"Let's go get your boyfriend and your dad back" Tony said. 

"And trillions of other people" Athena reminded him, but she was letting herself get carried away with the concept of meeting her dad and Peter. 

When they reached the compound, Tony pulled up next to Steve who had a defeated look, which turned slightly when he saw them. 

Scott probably turned into a baby

Athena thought. 

Tony rolled down his window and looked at Steve, "Why the long face? Let me guess: He turned into a baby."

"Among other things, yeah. What are you doing here?"Steve asked them both, if Tony had been here to drop Athena off, she would've gotten off by now. 

"That's the EPR paradox" Athena provided, ignoring Steve's question. She got out of the car and walked to give the blond a hug. 

"Instead of pushing Lang through time, you might've wound up pushing time through Lang. It's tricky. Dangerous. Somebody should've cautioned you against it." Tony said. 

"You did."

"Oh, did I?" Tony asked, feigning surprise, "Thank God I'm here. Regardless, we fixed it."

He held up his right hand which had the device he and Athena had spent the night working on. Athena couldn't wait any longer and blurted out. 

"A fully functioning Time-Space GPS." 

"I just want peace." Tony held up a peace sign, "Turns out, resentment is corrosive, and I hate it."

"Me too" Steve said.

"We got a shot at getting these stones, but I gotta tell you my priorities: Bring back what we lost? I hope, yes. Keep what I got? I have to, at all costs. And... maybe not die trying will be nice." Tony smiled. 

"Sounds like a deal" The two shook hands after which Tony walked to the back of the car and opened up the trunk. 

Tony reached in and took out the shield Steve had given up years ago, Athena smirked as Tony offered it to Steve. 

"Tony... I don't know"

"Why? He made it for you" Tony said referring to his father. "Plus, honestly I have to get it out of the garage before Morgan takes it sledding."

Steve fitted his arm into the shield. 

"Thank you, Tony."

"Will you keep that a little quiet? Didn't bring one for the whole team. ...We are getting the whole team, yeah?"

"We're working on that right now."