Brainstorming

"Drifting left. On the side there, Lebowski." Tony told a very drunk Thor. 

Athena was more than happy to see all the familiar faces, though seeing Bruce's new form was kind of a shock. But, working on the glass platform for time travel, she couldn't be more excited for what they were about to do. 

"Ratchet, Thena, How's it going?"

"It's Rocket. Take it easy. You're only a genius on Earth, pal." The raccoon (who did not like to be called a raccoon) shot back. 

Before Athena could give him a high five, the rest of the avengers gathered. Clint was wearing the time travel suit which was kind of similar to Scott's ant- man suit but white. 

Athena was quick to give Pietro a hug when she saw him, he had had it very hard too. Losing his parents first and now his sister had been very hard on him, just like Athena, he only wanted his family back. 

Clint walked onto the platform, the avengers had no idea if this could work or not. Time travel had always been a theory, but now they were trying to make it a reality. 

"Alright, Clint. We're going in 3... 2... 1!" Bruce counted down. By the time he reached one, Athena pressed the button that would make the platform into a portal that would open in the quantum realm. 

The arrow guy shrunk and disappeared. 

"And coming back in 3... 2.... 1!" Athena flipped a switch. 

A lot of things happened at once. The control board sparked a bit, they would have to look into it later, the platform transformed into a portal again and Clint appeared, curled on the ground, yelling his daughter's name, and somewhere below him, a rod creaked and snapped (they would have to look into that later too)

Everyone rushed to the time traveller's side. Natasha in the lead with Athena right behind her. "Hey, hey. Look at me. You okay?"

Clint looked around, a little disoriented, before replying. "Yeah, it worked. It worked." He threw a baseball glove at Tony. 

"FUCK YEAH!" Athena high fived Clint. 

.....

It was now the brainstorming session of the time heist plan. In the tech room, they were sitting at the table, surrounded by many screens that showed the six infinity stones while Steve, Bruce and Tony paced.

"Okay, so the "how" works. Now we gotta figure out the when and the where. Almost all of us has had an encounter with at least one of the six Infinity Stones." Steve said. 

"Well I'd substitute the word encounter for damn well near been killed by one of the six Infinity Stones" Tony corrected, at which Athena nodded. 

"Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round trip each, and these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history." Bruce pointed out. 

"Our history. So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in." 

"Maybe more than two have been in the same place at the same time- that way we don't have to use any more Pym Particles than we need to" Athena thought out loud. "Like the mind stone and the space stone... New York- 2012"

"Correct" Tony pointed at her. 

"Let's start with the Aether. Thor, what do you know?"

Everyone turned to Thor who was sitting in the corner on a chair with his sunglasses on. It was impossible to tell if he was awake or asleep. 

"Is he asleep?"

"Looks like he's dead" Athena snorted. 

.....

"Where to start? Umm... The Aether, first, is not a stone, someone called it a stone before. It's more of a... an angry sludge thing, so... someones gonna need to amend that. Here's an interesting story though, many years ago... My grandfather had to hide the stones from the Dark Elves..." Thor wiggled his fingers to imitate a ghost. " Wooooh, scary beings."

"So Jane," A picture of Thor's ex-girlfriend appeared on the screen. "Oh, there she is. That's Jane... She's... an old flame of mine... She... she stuck her hand inside a rock this one time... and then the Aether stuck itself inside her... And, she became very, very sick. So I had to take her to Asgard, which is where I'm from. And we had to try and fix her. We were dating at the time, you see. I got to introduce her to my Mother... who's dead"

Thor now looked broken and on the verge of tears, Athena couldn't even imagine how he had gone through so much and still managed to smile. "and oh you know, Jane and I aren't even dating anymore, these things happen though you know, nothing last forever" Tony began to push him back into a chair. "I'm not done yet, the only thing permanent in life is impermanence."

"Awesome. Eggs? Breakfast?"

"I'd like a Bloody Mary, thank you."

This was how most of their brainstorming went. They shared all the information they knew about the stones with each other, everyone was now very irritated and snarky which wasn't helping anyone. 

"Quill said he stole the Power Stone from Morag." Rocket told everyone. 

"Is that a person?" Scott asked. 

"Morag's a planet. Quill was a person."

" A planet? Like in outer space?" Athena found herself chuckling at Scott's excitement. 

"Oh, look. It's like a little puppy, all happy and everything" Rocket imitated talking to a puppy. "Do you wanna go to space? You wanna go to space, puppy? I'll get you to space." 

"Hey! Give him a break" Athena rolled her eyes. "You're only one of a kind in space. Here on earth you can find hundred of you- in the trash"

.....

"Thanos found the Soul Stone on Vormir." Nebula said. 

Athena snuggled up next to Natasha as the red head jotted down some notes. "What is Vormir?"

"A dominion of death, at the very center of Celestial existence. It's where... Thanos murdered my sister."

An awkward silence fell over the room. What could you possibly say to that?

"Not it" Scott spoke up. 

.....

Tony and Natasha were laying  on the table while Athena and Pietro were eating ice cream and looking at Bruce who was sleeping on the ground.

"That Time Stone guy..." Pietro said. 

"Doctor Stephen Strange- he was awesome" Athena stuck another spoon full of oreo ice cream in her mouth. 

"Yeah, what kind of doctor was he?" 

"Ear-nose-throat meets rabbit from a hat." Tony answered. 

"Neuro surgeon actually" Athena told them. 

"Nice place in the village, though." Bruce thought. 

"Yeah. Sullivan Street." 

"Hmm... Bleecker."  Bruce mumbled.

"Wait, he lived in New York?" Natasha questioned. 

"No. He lived in Toronto. Were you even paying attention?" Tony scoffed. 

"Guys, if you pick the right year, there are three stones in New York."

Tony sat up in surprise, wondering how he hadn't thought of it yet, Athena almost dropped her ice cream tub. 

"She's right!" Pietro gasped. 

"Shut the front door."