Never mess with glowing purple things

Somehow Athena managed to sleep and get up in the morning, confident that she would see Peter at the decathlon. 

But she didn't, she was nervous throughout but still on her best game. Even Ned was worried when she told him what had happened, but there was nothing they could do about it.

"We have now entered sudden death." Athena's mind had wandered back to Peter so she barely registered the words. 

"The next correct answer wins the championship" The moderator told the teams. 

Athena suddenly slammed her hand a bit too hard and smashed the bell. She gave an apologetic shrug but was far from sorry. 

"Midtown tech?" 

"Zero" Athena answered. 

"That is correct. Midtown takes the championship!" The moderator announced, Ned leapt on her and gave her the biggest hug while everyone got together for a group hug. 

.....

"Hey, Athena" Flash spoke up when they were all in the elevator in the Washington monument.

"Flash" she didn't even spare him a glance. 

"Look, I'm sorry. I didn't know about HYDRA and... well I researched and.. what I want to say is..." Flash took in a deep breath, "I owe you an apology"

"Okay... so apologise..." Athena scrunched her nose. 

"That was it... that-that was the apology" Flash told her. 

"Okay, I guess I accept your apology.... on two conditions" She said, "One. you never talk about something you don't understand... and Two. Never make a homophobic, trans phobic, bi phobic, sexist, racist or any discriminating comment... ever" 

"Deal" Flash smirked and Athena punched him in the shoulder. 

"Athena" Liz spoke up too. 

"What?" Athena asked. 

"Peter called, but then the line went haywire and the call disconnected, just thought you should know. He said something about you worrying and..." Liz rambled. 

"What did he say?" Athena almost jumped on her, Peter was ok. 

"He said something about glowy- um.. something in Ned's backpack" Liz told her.

Wait. Athena snatched Ned's bag off his shoulders not caring about the tour guide telling her something. She dug through it and held the glowing purple energy core in her hand. 

"EVERYONE GET DOWN!" But she was too late, the energy core exploded with sudden energy and above them, glass and stone cracked. Athena was knocked down but was otherwise fine.

"Thena, are you okay?" Ned yelled with alarm. 

"I'm fine" Athena got to her feet. 

"What happened?" Flash asked. 

Athena stumbled and Flash held her up, "The glowy thing Ned- it was an explosive... something I don't know. But it required radiation to turn into it's explosive state... and the x ray  security conveyor belt- oh" 

"That's my Thea" Athena heard a voice on her comms which she had even slept in, desperate for word from the one person who said that. 

"PETER?" Athena all but cried from happiness. 

"What is happening?" Mr. Harrington asked. 

"No-nothing" Athena said then decided to explain further "Just that-that Spider-man's coming to save us"