Ned finds out

"What's up Penis Parker?" Peter hurried forward to avoid getting hit by Flash's convertible. 

"Hello to you too six year old who cannot come up with a better insult" Athena greeted Flash with a sarcastic smile and took Peter away. 

"You really have to start standing up for yourself Spi- er Parker" Athena told him. In the month she had been attending midtown high, she discovered Flash loved to torment Peter, but never in front of her though. Everyone knew her snarky personality.. Well that and her ex-assassin dad.

"I know, I know...I will I promise, one day" Peter muttered as he let himself get dragged by Athena. 

They both reached their lockers which were conveniently next to each other. 

"Join me, and together... we'll build my new Lego Death Star." Athena turned to find Ned imitating Emperor Palpatine. 

"What?" Peter looked at Ned excitedly. 

"So lame" The cheerleaders next to them muttered. 

"How many pieces?" Peter asked.

"Three thousand eight hundred and three." Ned answered proudly. 

"That's insane" Athena chuckled.

"I know. You want to build it tonight?" Ned asked Peter, he knew Athena was always down. 

"No, I can't tonight. I've got the Stark-" Peter meant his rounds as Spider-man. 

" Mm-hmm. Stark internship." Ned nodded, then turned to Athena. "Why does Mr. Stark always overwork Peter?"

"I dunno, I'm not the one doing the internship" Athena lied. "Always with the internship Parker, live a little.

"Yeah, well, hopefully, soon it'll lead to a real job with him" Peter sighed. 

"That would be so sweet." Ned agreed, "He'd be all, "Good job on those spreadsheets, Peter. Here's a gold coin."

Athena chuckled and Peter gave Ned a look. 

"I don't know how jobs work." Ned confessed.

"That's exactly how they work." Peter told him, Athena laughed again and pushed Ned by his shoulder. Ned chuckled too and they walked the hallways

"I'll knock out the basic bones of the Death Star at my place. And, and then I'll come by afterwards..." 

Athena's mood turned foul though, when she saw Liz Allan- one of the most popular girls in midtown high. But that wasn't why she didn't like her, according to Ned, Liz was Peter's crush. 

Athena wasn't paying attention to what Ned was saying, only nodding along. By now she was sure she had a tiny, maybe not so tiny crush on Peter. 

The school bell rung and Athena hurried to class. 

 .....

Athena sat next to Ned for the Academic decathlon practice. So far she was losing concentration staring at Liz in annoyance. 

"Let's move to the next question. What is the heaviest naturally-occurring element?" Liz asked. 

"Uranium" Athena blurted. 

"The bell, Barnes, remember the bell" Liz told her. 

"I will" Athena huffed. 

"You've never even been in the same room as Tony Stark." Athena heard Flash say to Peter 

"Umm.. where do you think we hang out every other weekend Thompson?" Athena taunted, Flash scowled, everyone knew she was close to Tony.

"Wait, what's happening?" Cindy Moon asked.