Chapter Five: I wasn't safe.

TW: A slight panic attack.

"Heya little bug" Nico picked the girl up into his arms immediately as he got home from school. Hair ruffled, first two buttons popped open, his tie missing.
"Bubba!" 
"Hmm?"
"Bubby?"
"I'm here too, bub" Milo put his finger on her little nose, slipping his shoes off. 
"Bubba!" The girl looked at Nico again and kissed his nose, and then Milo's cheek, causing both of them to scrunch up their nose at the wet kisses. "Bubby!"
"I lowve you"
"I love you too, baby."

Aurora's P.O.V:

Mafia. Cousins. Siblings. Family. Mafia. Blood. Guns. Mafia.

A ragged breath left my lips, lungs burning with searing pain, as I held my breaths in. 

They kill people. I have family alive. I have a family who kills people.

I couldn't breathe, I couldn't...it hurt, I wanted to breathe, I couldn't.

I felt another gasp escape from my lips, I tucked my head into my knees, rocking myself.

I'm fine. I'm fine. I'm fine.

I wasn't.

A knock made me flinch.

"Aurora? you up?"

Another bead of sweat dripped down my head, my hands shaking as I stared at the doorknob, hearing a voice identical to Nico's but warmer.

I felt like I was going to throw up and everything was spinning, and my heart was beating so hard it was hurting, and I could feel it, and it hurt.

And I couldn't breathe.

It hurts.

Breathing hurts.

It's hurting physically and my chest feels like it's on fire, and the blood, and the noise, and brokenness, and I'm tired, I'm so fucking tired.

What if they make me kill, what if kill me? I don't want to die, I don't want to kill, I don't-

"Aurora?" The voice sounded right in front of me, I blinked looking up. "Baby?"

"Go...Go away-away."

"You...you need to breathe, okay, breath baby"

"N-no, you-...I..you the..blood. and you...and they..it wasn't and I.."-

I flinched when a thumb touched my cheek.

"Hey hey hey" The voice went softer, I almost missed the words. "Listen to me, breathe, your face is going red, no one's going to hurt you, not even touch you, I promise. C'mon now, breathe"

I didn't know who it was or how the voice affected me, but I obeyed.

"Okay through your mouth if it's too hard, okay?"

I nodded, tears brushing down my cheeks, he kept rubbing his palm in circles, my nails digging into my palm.

"Good girl" I heard the voice praise "Good girl, you're doing a good job."

I swallowed the lump in my throat. The voice felt familiar, the words felt familiar, and yet I had never heard him before.

"Through your nose, okay? Follow mine, okay?"

I could only raise my eyes slightly and nod shakily at the sky blue eyes, of the scary guy in front of me.

"Shhh" He came near "I'm going to touch you, are you okay with that?"

"Wi-will you"-

"I wouldn't hurt you ever, I promise." 

I slowly swallowed and then nodded, allowing Sky-eyes to pull me up, to my surprise he pulled me closer and tightened his arms around me in a hug, and then slowly rubbed circles onto my back.