Chapter Ten: Home.

"Skittles or Reeces?" Landon held up two packets in front of Aurora.
"ORRR you could have Sour patch kids or m and ms." Justin also did the same.
Austin looked at both of them and shook his head. "Chocolate berries are the best."
Aurora just giggled at their expressions towards each other from the cart, the sweet laugh warming the eight-year-olds' hearts.

Aurora's P.O.V:

I had spent the entire day yesterday just trying to figure out how to work on devices, and went to bed before dinner, I wasn't exhausted, I just didn't want to eat.

I was hungry but the voice told me not to, Aunt's voice told me not to, and I just obeyed.

"Morning, Aurora" A voice spoke over the phone, Vince's voice.

"Yes?" I replied nervously, holding it up to my ear, slipping my feet in a pair of shoes.

"You better show up to breakfast, kiddo."

"I'm coming"

"Okay, Alina and I have left, the others are there."

"Okay" I nodded even though he couldn't see me and after wishing me a good day he hung up, allowing me to slowly stroll downstairs.

"No dude, that song fucking sucks."

"No, it doesn't" I saw Austin and Landon arguing over something, while Justin was busy on his phone again, a stack of pancakes before him.

"Morning" I sat down next to Justin, who put his phone down looking at me, a lazy grin on his face.

"Morning baby"

"I'm not a baby"

"Yes, you are" Landon agreed throwing an apple in the air, and catching it.

"No, I'm not"

"Totally are."

"Go away"

"I can't" Justin tugged at my hair, getting up to get what I think was syrup.

"We're going shopping" Austin informed me "You start school tomorrow, you probably need clothes, I want some stuff, Justin needs to waste money and Landon?"

"Tools and waste money and time."

"Seems legit" I nodded remembering yesterday, Landon liked to sculpt. They all smiled at my words.

And these were the people belonging to a mafia family.

Belonging in a mafia family, not in the mafia.

Yes, Alina hadn't included them yet from what they told me yesterday, they'd heard about it, knew about it, trained accordingly, seen a bit of it even but they weren't in business, Austin ran a few errands here and there like delivering some documents and 'stuff' to Alina, nothing major nor dangerous but Dustin apparently handled a few of Nico's stuff.

Meaning only Dustin had shot an actual human being, possibly killed someone in all of four of them.

It felt weird to me when I thought about how comfortable I'd started feeling around them within a day considering I had never anything close to this even after living with my Uncle and Aunt for years, after growing up there and I felt guilty for it, I should be thankful they took me in.

Where I had the brief idea Alina hadn't willingly given me up, I was not sure, why would anyone choose to keep me you know, I knew my Aunt didn't want to either and I was sure even my Uncle at times wished he hadn't.

"Hey let's just get Dunkin' Donuts on the way?" Landon pushed away Justin's plate of pancakes. "They're tasty, and we can probably get Starbucks near the mall too, we can split and get both."