Chapter 34-- Remember us

Liam's P.O.V

"What brought you here?" She asked in a sleepy voice. She drifted off to sleep.

"I missed you so bad. I just wanted to be so close to you," I whispered, knowing she was deeply asleep and couldn't hear me.

I caress her hair gently, feeling happy to be this close to her once again. This is giving me some weird feeling inside, but it's a pleasant feeling. A feeling of relief.

I carried her gently to her bed and tucked her in. I stood there for a while.

I just want her in my arms again.

I want my son with me. I want my family. That's all I wanted ever since I fell in love with her. I want to call her my wife, my family.

I left her apartment at two in the morning. I was physically and emotionally exhausted.

I got into the shower when I got to my penthouse and slept for only three hours.

When I woke up, I decided to go to Nikos' place to visit my son. I realized it was too early. I called my assistant to inform her I wouldn't be working for the day.

I want to get to know my son. I'm not sure how to make up for four years, but I have to start now.

I'm not sure I want to take Jane to court.

I don't want the media to know what's happening. I don't want my son to be exposed to that at least not now. I also think it would complicate things between Jane and me. I plan on getting her back.

I decided to go for a run just to clear my head and kill time.

My phone started ringing in my pocket. I stopped running and took a deep breath. I picked up my phone knowing it was my mom calling. She hasn't stopped worrying since she saw Jane and Ian. She wanted to see them again, but I didn't let her.

"Hey Mom," I answered. "Liam? Thank God. I've been trying to reach you. You're not answering your calls. I'm worried about you. Are you alright?" She asked in a worried tone.

I heaved a sigh.

"Mom, calm down. I'm fine. I'm just trying to sort out some issues. I needed some space that's all. Don't worry, I won't forget to wish the twins Happy birthday this year," I explained, trying to calm her down.

I forgot to call the twins on their birthday three years in a row. When Jane left I completely shut everyone out.

"Fine. The twins decided to celebrate their birthday at the beach house in Malibu... You should bring Jane and my grandson. The twins and your father can't wait to see them," Mom said hopefully.

I let out another breath.

"Mom... did you convince the twins to celebrate their birthday in Malibu? You know this kind of party is not the old people's party. It's Hollywood's party. Loud DJs, drinks, celebrities, blah blah blah. You expect me to bring my son to that kind of party? By the way, Jane can't come. We still have so many things to settle. I'm sure she would be busy," I explained.

"Don't you think I know? That's why they are using the one in Malibu. Have you forgotten that your father and I are celebrating our wedding anniversary this weekend on Sunday? I was hoping you could bring them for the weekend. The twins are also flying back on Saturday morning after their party. Don't tell me you forgot about it. I told you this last month," She rambled.

"Mom, like you said, you told me last month. How am I supposed to remember that? Especially with everything going on. Even if it just started a few days ago it is still shocking. I'm still trying to digest everything, Mom. I promise I'll try to come with them or at least Ian," I explained rubbing my forehead.