Chapter 35-- The weekend

Jane's P.O.V

Liam came to pick us up, and we left for his parents' house. I'm nervous. My palms are sweaty. On the other hand, Ian is excited.

The ride was quiet and awkward, except for Ian humming a song I didn't even know. He later fell asleep. The last I remember, it took about two hours to get to his parents' house. This ride seemed like forever.

I felt someone shaking me lightly to wake me up.

I guess I fell asleep.

"Hey, wake up. We're here," I heard Liam's gentle voice. "Umm," I groaned softly.

I was so nervous I couldn't sleep last night. I probably look like a Zombie right now.

Liam placed sleeping Ian on his shoulder. I opened the door and stepped out of the car. It's been a long time since have been here. Nothing has changed.

I'm seriously nervous. Things are about to get so awkward. Coming here isn't a good idea.

I didn't realize I still was standing by the car until Liam called my name. "Jane, you okay? You spaced out," Liam asked me, who was now standing at the front door. "Uh... I... I'm okay," I replied walking towards him.

Before Liam could attempt to open the door, the door was opened by Liam's mom with a big smile.

I tried to put on a smile, but before I knew it Daisy pulled me into a bone-crushing hug. I wasn't expecting it at all. I should have known better. Mrs . Greenwood isn't that kind of person.

"Oh my god Jane, you look so beautiful. I missed you. Come in," She smiled genuinely and welcomed me. "It's nice to see you again, Mrs. Greenwood," I replied, smiling.

"It's still Daisy, sweetheart," She pointed out.

"Aww, Ian is asleep. He looks just like you," She said to Liam almost crying, while Liam rolled his eyes. She took Ian from him gently. "Garret! The kids are here," She called out to Liam's dad.

Mr. Greenwood walked in from the kitchen."Hey Dad," Liam greeted.

"Jane is that you?" Mr. Greenwood asked looking at me like he couldn't believe it. "How have you been Mr. Greenwood?" I asked shyly. "Oh... come here you," He embraced me, surprisingly.

Why is everyone being nice to me? This is too good to be true.

"It's so nice to see you again, Jane. If my son didn't do something stupid, we wouldn't be in this situation now." He uttered.

"Garret?" "Dad!" Liam and his mom said at the same time, waking Ian up. Then Liam's dad noticed Ian.

"Oh my god Daisy! He has your hair!" Garret gushed. "Even our children weren't lucky enough to have your golden hair," He added, smiling.

Nikos said the same thing.

"Mommy?" Ian said rubbing his eyes. "Hey baby, we are at your grandparents' house," I said when he noticed he was sitting on Daisy's Lap.

"Grandma?" He asked softly and hugged her. "Oh..." Daisy was already crying. She hugged him tighter. Garret watches them in amusement. Liam was smiling at the sight.

"Grandpa!" Ian said and opened his arms for his grandpa to embrace him. "Oh boy, ain't you just adorable," Garret said before hugging Ian. He lifted him from Daisy's lap.

I heaved a sigh, feeling so relieved Ian warmed up to them so fast.

We heard someone unlock the door.

"We're home. Mom? Dad?" I heard Liana's voice. "They're probably in the living room or upstairs" I heard Logan reply, whose voice is more manly and now.