Chapter 23-- Baby shower

Jane's P.O.V

It's finally Laila's baby shower, she's eight months pregnant. I remember she told me she was pregnant five months ago and the baby is going to be here by June.

I and the baby girl share the same month. I find it so cute.

Liam and I bought her baby girl some gifts, and we're on our way to their house.

We saw some beautiful pink decorations outside their home. I gasped at the beautiful decoration and the cakes, it's all pink.

I saw a big banner with the two words, 'Welcome Georgina'.

"Wow!" Liam said out loud. "I know," I whispered. "Hey guys, come over here," George said and we followed him to their backyard. "Hey man, congratulations!" Liam congratulated George and they gave each other a man hug. "Thanks, man," George replied.

"Laila!" I called out her name when I saw her. She twirled her head and smiled when she saw me. I walked towards her to hug her.

"I'm so glad you made it here," Laila said with a smile. "I wouldn't miss it for anything" I replied. "Sorry, we came a little bit late. We had something to deal with," I said to Laila.

"No problem. You are here now," She said while sitting down with her big belly.

"Hey sweetheart, miss me?" Someone standing behind me asked, and I turned around to see Nikos standing in front of me with a big smile.

I haven't seen him in two months. He traveled to Italy.

I jumped on my feet to give him a big hug.

"Of course, I missed you. How was your trip?" I asked, laughing when he lifted me from the ground.

"It was okay, you know, business. I came back three days ago. Liam didn't tell you?" He asked while putting me down. I felt a hand on the small of my back and I knew it was Liam. I know that familiar touch anywhere.

"Why didn't you tell me Nikos was back?" I asked Liam. "It skipped my mind," He said nonchalantly.

George gathered everyone.

"Guys, Laila and I have something to tell you," George said. "Laila, go on tell them," He added. Laila sighed and faced Liam and me.

"George has known Liam since they were kids and they've been best of friends since. My best friend died a few days after my wedding. It broke my heart. But we've known Jane for some time now and it feels like forever. We know how amazing you are. We love you both together. Jane, you're my friend and I have gotten to know you better. You're such a wonderful person, and I see you as a sister. I also know you two are cool with kids, most importantly, I trust you both. So... to cut the long story short. George and I decided to make you guys Georgina's godparents," Laila announced, looking at me and Liam.

"Godparents? Like I'm gonna be a godfather?!" Liam asked, super excited. "Yes!" Both George and Laila said at the same time.

"OMG! You mean I'm gonna be a godmother!" I said, moved by the gesture. "I'm so excited and I'm honored," I said. "Me too," Laila said while looking for a seat.

"So, how is everything going between you and your dad? Have you spoken to him?" Laila asked when we were alone.

It's been a week since the ball party drama.

"No," I replied. "Are you planning to?" She asked. I sighed. "I don't know yet. I'm not sure. I don't know what to say to him. I mean it's like I don't know who he is. He's a stranger to me. I was supposed to have a fresh start when he moved me to America. I thought we were going to finally bond." I explained to her.