Chapter 16-- Two can Play this game

Jane's P.O.V

I've been replying to emails for two hours now since I came back from lunch. I need to stretch.

I stood up and walked towards the copy room beside Liam's office to photocopy some files. But before I could get into the office a blonde guy holding a big banquet of red roses stopped me.

"Excuse me, ma'am, are you Ms.Collins?" He asked politely. "Yes, how may I help you?" I answered. "Mr. Caras asked me to give this to you," He handed over the red roses.

"Thanks," I said and he left.

But why would Nikos send me this? I walked into my office.

I saw a note and I opened it.

Would you please go out with me?
□ Yes. Or □ Yes.

I'll pick you up at work by 5:30 pm

I'll be looking forward to it ;)
Have a great day :)

- Nikos

Okay, this is weird. I never thought he liked me that way.

Should I go out with him? What about Liam?

Why am I even thinking about that jerk?

I mean Nikos is nice. Why not give it a try?

He's no different from Liam.

Am I even attracted to him?

I decided to push it to the back of my mind and focus on work.

I heard a knock on my office door. Nikos entered without waiting for me to answer. I checked the time on my computer, it's 5:30 pm already.

He keeps to time.

"Hey sugar, ready to go on our first date?" Nikos asked grinning from ear to ear.

Sugar?

I fought the urge to roll my eyes. "Yes, but why-" He stopped me from asking questions by placing his finger on my mouth.

"No questions, babe. Not until we get to the restaurant." He said, lifting his finger.

Did he just?

The fact that he kept calling me babe is making me change my mind.

"Whatever," I replied. I carried my bag and my phone. We both stepped out and headed for the exit.

The drive to the restaurant was quiet but comfortable.

He stopped at the front of an Italian restaurant and opened the door for me like a gentleman with a smile on his face.

He led me to a reserved table, and a waitress walked towards us. "Good evening, my name is Lucy. I'll be your waitress for the evening," She said, holding a notepad and a pen.

"Please give us two glasses of champagne first, then we'll let you know when we're ready to eat," Nikos requested with a smile and she left.

"I know you have lots of questions, but I need to make things clear," He said adjusting his tie.

"I'm glad you know that," I added.

"Okay, here is the deal. I'm going to be your fake boyfriend, and you'll be my fake girlfriend. We need to make it seem real, especially when Liam is around," He disclosed.

"Say what now? Is this a joke?" I asked. He sat back, sighing.

"Jane, you need to let me finish. We're doing this for you and Liam. It wouldn't be fair to you if I just dated you without telling you the deal," He said.

"What do you mean by 'We' and what does Liam have to do with this?" I asked curiously.

"I mean George, Laila, Logan, Liana, and I. Look, Liam has been a pain in the ass ever since my birthday party. Logan and Liana are also complaining about his attitude. Although he was like this before you, but now it seems worse. We heard he's also like that at work, yelling at everyone. So, we want to bring him back to his senses," He explained.

Tell me about it.

"But I still don't get it. What does that have to do with me? How is this going to help?" I asked.

"Come on Jane, I know you like him. He feels the same way, but I think something is stopping him. And I know he hates the idea of me and you or you and someone else dating. But it will be fun if it's me. I'm his best friend," He contended.

"I do not like him!" I spoke up.

Nikos raised an eyebrow.

"Okay, fine maybe I do. But he's such a douchebag. I'm not sure he likes me anymore. Wait, what are you going to get out of this?" I asked.

"I don't know... but I hate the fact that his playboy life is now far better than mine. Liam does that when he's trying to be rebellious. He's getting the girls I set my eyes on. I'm used to being the very bad one. I want that back. Trust me, I love the attention. It helps my business," Nikos folded his arm like a little boy.

I scowled at him.

When did my life become this? When did I start having these types of conversations with crazy billionaires?

"What?" He asked. "You have serious issues," I said.

"So, what do you think?" He asked, ignoring my comment.

"Even though it's a crazy idea and it might not work. Count me in," I answered with a big smile.

Nikos grinned ear to ear.

Ariel always tells me to let loose and have fun. Well, I'm about to.

"I think I'm going to enjoy this too much. Where is the fun when your best friend doesn't punch you in the face once in a while? Time to eat, babe." He said, feeling way too excited.

"Okay, if you call me babe one more time. I'll change my mind," I said, but he didn't even care.

"Babe babe babe babe babe babe babe babe babe... babe!" He repeated annoyingly.

He's so childish.

And with that, he called the waitress and ordered.

He is one weird fellow.

Please vote and comment, thanks.