Chapter 22-- Expect the Unexpected

Jane's P.O.V

"Liam, are you in there?" I asked walking towards his room. "Yeah, babe. I'm in here," He replied walking out of his closet.

"So, there's this Ball party my mom always hosts at our house, once in a while. It's just something Mom started, but I don't always attend it. I don't mind going this year if you'll be my date," Liam said.

"When is the party?" I asked. "In three days," He replied. "So, the party is in three days and you're just telling me now?" I asked folding my arms.

"I thought you knew babe. Everyone in the company is going to be there. Including our biggest clients, partners, and shareholders," He explained. "But they didn't do it last year," I said. I didn't hear anything about the ball.

"It's once in a while remember," He replied, checking his mail.

"Oh," I mouthed. "Oh," Liam repeated mockingly. I smacked his arm playfully making him chuckle. "I don't know what to wear. Thanks for the short notice, Liam," I said sarcastically.

"You're welcome, baby. You don't have to worry about the dress. It has been sorted out. Your dress will get to your apartment tomorrow," He declared and pulled me onto his lap.

"Thanks, you're such a darling" I smiled.

We talked about what to do, and things to expect at the ball.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stared at the mirror after wearing the beautiful dress Liam bought me. I love it. It fits perfectly. After putting on my heels, I walked out of my bedroom.

Liam was waiting for me in the living room. I twirl around for him to see my beautiful gown.

"Wow! You're gorgeous... It looks perfect" Liam said holding my hands. "Thanks, you look great," I complimented him and he smiled. "Shall we?" He asked like a gentleman. I took his arm and smiled.

It took us two hours to drive to his parents' house

It took us two hours to drive to his parents' house. A man in his late forties opened the door for us. Liam stretched out his hand for me to hold and I took it. The reporters started flashing their cameras while asking a lot of questions as usual, but this time Liam's publicist was there to answer them. Liam held my hand and we walked in.

The ballroom was so big, I was in awe. Who has a ballroom in their home? Liam's parents. That's who.

Liam introduced me to his family two months ago. I was nervous at first but surprisingly they all liked me. His mom was so happy, and I thought she was going to be the evil one. But his dad doesn't like me. I'm not sure why.

Liana and Logan were so nice to me, especially Liana we bonded so fast. It's like we're sisters or something. I was overwhelmed by all the kindness his family showed me.