Chapter 12-- Party with the billionaires

Jane's P.O.V

I first thing I did after getting back to the office was catch up on emails. I took a week off work which means more work to do.

Liam is late this morning, which is unlike him. He usually texts or calls me if he is running late. I picked up my phone and called his number, and thankfully he picked up.

"Good morning, Mr. Greenwood is everything alright?" I asked professionally. "Yes Jane, I'm on my way," He said and hung up. He needs to stop doing that, he didn't even wait for my reply.

I went back to replying to emails.

I couldn't see the screen anymore. It was starting to get blurry, so I took out my glasses. It's a good thing I always take it everywhere, even though I hate using it. I have a little eye problem. I need my glasses to correct them.

I always run out of contacts.

I noticed everyone was quiet at the same time, so I got up to see what was going on. Only to see Liam working in his office, so I followed him quickly.

"Good morning sir," I greeted him.

"Good morning Jane, hope you had a wonderful time with your family?" He asked nicely. "Yes, I did sir, thank you," I smiled.

We both walked into his office, and he closed the door immediately. Before I knew it my back was against the door with Liam's hungry lips on mine. Before I could adjust myself to the situation he stopped and walked to his desk leaving me speechless.

He sat down and acted like he didn't just kiss me senseless. I stood at the same spot confused. I saw a smirk on his face but it changed to a cold face within seconds.

I don't think this guy is sane.

He just acts before he thinks.

He gestured for me to sit down. I snapped out of it and sat down as slowly as I could while still trying to figure out what just happened. It was probably my imagination. I might be daydreaming about him again.

I cleared my throat and unlocked my tablet to talk about his schedule for the day.

"When did you start using glasses?" He asked casually after I was done talking about the schedule for the day.

Then I remembered I didn't take it off. I've been hiding my glasses from Liam since I met him. Whenever I saw him coming I always took it off.

I didn't want him to see it, because I think it looks weird on me. At least that's what Luke said when I was with him. He didn't like it when I wore them.

"Oh! Since I was 13 years old, I don't like using it that's why I don't put it on. I usually use contacts but I ran out," I explained to him.

"You look earnest with it on. It's cute," He said.

"Thanks?" I replied, not knowing what to say.

"Okay, you can get back to work now," He said firmly.

Wait a minute wasn't this the same guy that just kissed the heck out of me minutes ago?

"Yes sir," I said and walked out of his office. I shook my head and tried to forget the kiss to keep my mind focused on work.

It was time for lunch so I picked up my phone and walked to the kitchen area. I opened the fridge to warm up the leftovers I brought this morning. Before I could warm it up, I heard my phone ring.

"Hello," I answered. "Jane, where are you? I called your office phone you didn't pick up," Liam snapped. "Sorry, It's my lunchtime. I'm trying to warm up my food," I said.